Votes: 14 15.1%
  • So So

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
4. Fourth street has been down to effectively two lanes inbound for the last six months -- the eastmost lane is closed south of 10th for Rodney's Oyster House patio and the westmost lane is closed south of 8th for the Barcelona patio (and because of bridge pillars, you can't cross between the 2nd and 3rd lanes). The total volume is something like 11K/day, which could easily be handled with two lanes.

Looks like drilling is finishing up.

18E1AD25-A48E-490C-9EE4-0C219ED95DE0.jpeg

Cidex does have a few more fully permitted and waiting to go. 3rd West Village Tower, plus Hat Elbow River triplets. Not sure if they will happen while his 14th Street one is underway though. And Nude is apparently starting up!

The other Oliver tower I imagine but after that there isn't many on the back burner that I can think of. We are running out of recent proposals.
My hope is that there is a lull in the mega condo tower projects and an increase in the 4-6 story projects. Those are my preference, much more human scaled and they can help densify the inner city. They likely make more sense to developers these days too.

My hope is that there is a lull in the mega condo tower projects and an increase in the 4-6 story projects. Those are my preference, much more human scaled and they can help densify the inner city. They likely make more sense to developers these days too.
It would be nice to see more low rise projects injected around the core, but it seems the land is too valuable at the moment. It's too bad the parcels in and around the core weren't smaller and divided up more, you might see some more projects of smaller scale, or even a scale such as INK or Hat 7th ave.

Back