Truly awful. Every time I see the Gardiner Expressway, I think about how lucky we were to have dodged that one.
Agreed, though Toronto also has the CN tracks underneath it, so even if the Gardiner wasn't built, downtown is still somewhat cutoff from the lakefront.

Agreed, though Toronto also has the CN tracks underneath it, so even if the Gardiner wasn't built, downtown is still somewhat cutoff from the lakefront.
The train tracks aren't under the Gardener, they're a block north. Lakeshore Boulevard is under Gardener. It's a very hostile urban environment for a good 400 meters from Front Street to Queens Key or Harbour Street. At no point does the Gardener go over the CN tracks. We dodged a freaking cannon ball.

Was visiting the library today and have to say it’s nice to see something blocking the CN tracks from the main entrance. On the subject of EV in general I left with a real sense of excitement as I do every time I visit. The potential is so great and what’s been built so far is diverse and urban. Even Arris looked decent in person and the podium wasn’t as bad as I thought from recent pics. My only complaint and fear is the inevitable loss of the few historic original buildings that remain such as the Auction galleries building.

C62B247C-FDF2-4CA3-BA60-8F6906F81705.jpeg

Speaking of original buildings can anyone confirm if they’ve demo’d the last sfh that was left? Very disappointed if it’s gone. Was a neat juxtaposition with everything else.

Last edited:
This one?

Was visiting the library today and have to say it’s nice to see something blocking the CN tracks from the main entrance. On the subject of EV in general I left with a real sense of excitement as I do every time I visit. The potential is so great and what’s been built so far is diverse and urban. Even Arris looked decent in person and the podium wasn’t as bad as I thought from recent pics. My only complaint and fear is the inevitable loss of the few historic original buildings that remain such as the Auction galleries building.

View attachment 233972

Speaking of original buildings can anyone confirm if they’ve demo’d the last sfh that was left? Very disappointed if it’s gone. Was a neat juxtaposition with everything else.

A render we haven't seen before...

NEP3887648.jpg

As far as parking garages go, it is pretty marvellous. Don't really know what you were hoping for lmao!

fullsizeoutput_45de.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_45dc.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_45dd.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_45db.jpeg

Back