MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
So, since the City changed the development map, I have not been able to keep track of new DPs as easily. This one though looks like it was submitted recently (note, you cannot open links to a permit anymore either, hence the screen shots):

Not a lot of info, but this is contained in Killam REIT's April 2019 Investor Presentation (found on page 65):
https://killamreit.com/sites/default/files/Killam March 2019 Investor Presentation.pdf

Interesting. That stretch of 4th ave is kinda dingy, this would have a huge impact. Also, with the location I think they'd be able to tap into the +15, which is a big advantage not many residential projects can boast.

RIPperoni ☠☠☠

This is not going to make too many people in this blog happy, but Cidex is going to be building this for Killam REIT
...Has left the chat
ITC has their signage up on the fencing around the site. Are you sure it isn't them?
ITC is responsible for subcontracting and safety, usually they're more hands on with smaller projects.

Last edited:
This is one of those "something is better than nothing" sites. As long as it has street front retail along 4 ave and adds residential density to the core, it's a win. Some design gesture toward the McDougall Centre/Park would be nice. Maybe patio space overlooking the park.

While I'm on the topic, long term, I'd tear down that +15 connection over 6 St and pedestrianize that entire stretch.

Yes! That +15 over 6st is very out of place and serves little service. Get rid of it.
While I agree the pedestrian realm is important, winter sucks being able to work downtown and walk to work with out dealing with the elements is awesome.

With cidex on board things could get dicey, however Killam has done some good stuff recently. Check out the Alexander they built in Halifax, turned out great.

Honestly, I'll be happy with a couple of bland towers if they are residential. They can't be any more bland than the surrounding office towers.

Reactions: AJX

Back