An area so close to downtown is going to see improvements over time. A value engineered 40 storey, market tower is permanent and sets a precedence for other properties. The.anything is better is giving mediocrity an excuse. The hotel is very affordable and well managed. That's a better excuse for its ugliness. The urban form is inexcusable for 2019.

The company is doing well. They may be concerned about 'over build' in the Calgary market and being last in when demand for rental drops off.

The company is doing well. They may be concerned about 'over build' in the Calgary market and being last in when demand for rental drops off.
That would be my guess. I doubt they have scrapped it altogether, most likely they're waiting it a bit longer to see how things go with the market.

Plaza 54-1.JPG
Plaza 54-2.JPG

Absolutely repulsive.

The east tower I sort of like. On the west tower that detail on the corners does nothing for it being broken up like that. It would be better running the full height of the tower.

Jesus that is tall

Would that count as a superslender like the new ones in NYC??

Super-Slender-Residential-Towers-Top-10-NYC-2016.jpg

btw- if I interpret the render(model?) correctly, I believe both towers have the aluminum panelling on the back and the black panelling on the front. The tower on the right side is just facing the wrong direction.

Last edited:

Back