7793FE31-2228-452C-B70A-D7DC85619230.jpeg

I just don't get why they didn't move ahead with the 2nd tower, especially with such a strong rental market for the foreseeable future. It'll just end up costing more to dig and build separately.

I can see how projects like Hines Park Central made sense to do in phases at the time because of the uncertainty that was lingering in Calgary's economy and the niche demand with their high pricing/sq.ft. However, this project had started digging last year, right around the time it was clear that Calgary, along with the rest of the world economy would see strong growth from low rates. Not to mention how advantageous low rates would have been in maximizing profits.

Generally, in comparison to other Canadian cities, I noticed Calgary developers were very cautious last year to take advantage of historically low interest rates. Now we're seeing all these projects being proposed, which what seems like, every other week. The logic just baffles me.

Yeah, I really don’t see anything ever getting built on that lot. Honestly the city should just buy it and use it as an area for homeless people to camp in. Just keep it policed, and it would dramatically reduce the amount of vagrancy throughout the inner city.

Disagree, the last thing we need is to encourage them to camp out, especially in such a visible spot. What a nice entrance to downtown that would be! I say just turn it into a park with some funky sculptures or some type of monument.

Disagree, the last thing we need is to encourage them to camp out, especially in such a visible spot. What a nice entrance to downtown that would be! I say just turn it into a park with some funky sculptures or some type of monument.
I think they were just being facetious. :)

Back