Getting a bunch more people in this struggling part of downtown, and also replacing office space that is arguably past its useful life with residents rather than a parking lot, is in itself a big win. Even a less than stellar conversion project like Cornerstone is still 1000x better than a parking lot.

While there are definitely positives about this development, I would have loved to see a little more care and consideration on the design side. I don't think it would've broken the bank to add back
some of those mullion strips, and perhaps go with a glass color that is a nod to it's mid-century roots. It doesn't necessarily have to be either/or with these projects...you can have a nice new conversion while still respecting history.

While there are definitely positives about this development, I would have loved to see a little more care and consideration on the design side. I don't think it would've broken the bank to add back
some of those mullion strips, and perhaps go with a glass color that is a nod to it's mid-century roots. It doesn't necessarily have to be either/or with these projects...you can have a nice new conversion while still respecting history.
Wouldn't you agree though that once the balconies were added, it essentially wiped away the seamlessness that made the bullions and 2 toned blue glass work. The fact they kept the arches and larger vertical strips, id' say that's a win in trying to achieve a somewhat timeless and modern design, while respecting what was there.

Even if not across the entire wall, I think the addition of the vertical mullion strips would've not only added some tasteful mid-century details back, but would've also helped take attention away from what is some pretty craptastic looking spandrel.

I don't mind the balconies breaking things up btw.

Back