20240411_123146.jpg

Color me happy. Now that I'd had a good look at the podium, I think overall this is a win. A boring old tower portion replaced with a boring but new tower section, but the new podium is dramatically better than the old one IMO. The podium and street frontage is more what I care about anyways, so it's an improvement IMO.

1712871323916.png

1712871414405.jpeg

to loo
Alright alright, the street level looks decent. Just don't look up.
We should all commit to helping those trees in front grow good and tall, that way they will block the building and we can enjoy the street!

Are they keeping the covered parking off the lane? that would be a step back IMO.

to loo

We should all commit to helping those trees in front grow good and tall, that way they will block the building and we can enjoy the street!

Are they keeping the covered parking off the lane? that would be a step back IMO.
If you're walking by and have a water bottle dump what you have in the tree well.

I like that the original tower design came right down to the street over the new podium look. The original cladding was tired. I wonder how this will look in 20 years..Worse than the 60 year old original cladding?

Surely something good could be said by a tower so ugly it turns us to stone. "You look slimmer as granite " , I guess.

Back