Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Land use was approved and a DP was recently submitted. New renderings out showing the proposed towers near Dalhousie Station
*updated renderings.

dells4.jpg
dells3.jpg
dells2.jpg
dells1.jpg

a5z4mEZj.jpg
gfFIXJvl.jpg

Here is the site in question. Right nearby the Dalhousie LRT Station.

Image13 (1).jpg

Image14.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, a cluster of about 6 townhomes. Despite there not being a design yet, I'm in favour of this. At the very least the density increase right beside a shopping plaza and LRT station makes sense.

Agreed, this is a great location for a big boost in density. I hope that as a design materializes they really put effort in the right place and integrate this site with the LRT and associated paths nearby. Huge opportunity to do TOD correctly for a change, where no obvious barriers or auto-oriented uses lie between the density and the transit.

Agreed, this is a great location for a big boost in density. I hope that as a design materializes they really put effort in the right place and integrate this site with the LRT and associated paths nearby. Huge opportunity to do TOD correctly for a change, where no obvious barriers or auto-oriented uses lie between the density and the transit.
There is a bit of awkward grade change between them. Dalhousie Station is raised up quite a bit from the townhomes. I don't think they can really deal with it though... it's park in the middle.

Latest from the city on this project

On May 8, 2017, City Council held a Public Hearing for the Land Use Application for 4739 Dalton Drive N.W. (The Dells). On May 9, 2017, City Council voted to give first reading of the bylaw for the Land Use Redesignation for the application. Council also voted to withhold second and third readings of the bylaw pending the completion of the Dalhousie Planning Your Community work, with Administration to report back on that work no later than July 31, 2017. The final recommendation by Council on the application will be made on July 31, 2017. However, no further Public Hearing will be held for the application at that time.
The City is exploring how growth and development could happen in the Dalhousie community. There is an upcoming drop in session and online input is being taken between May 15 and May 25. Visit calgary.ca/dalhousie to learn more about how to participate.

Hmmmm, I actually like that... a lot. Can't really explain why though. Obviously the needlessly prolific surface parking is of concern. But it looks like the ground level may include retail which is a nice surprise.

Anyways, Crowchild is gonna be a pretty cool highway to drive down someday if this trend continues.

This seems like a recipe to me for making it needlessly hard to get to the ctrain. I wish one side it was raised to the level of the c-train station, kind of like how London at Heritage has one side with a "ground" 4 stories higher than the other.

Back