That's awesome!

I'm a little confused about this one. The land use on the first page shows two sites, a "north site" with up to 475 units and a "south site" with up to 500 units; the south site goes as far as the pathway. (I've shown them in blue and red respectively.) Alberta Major Projects describes a phase 1 tower with 269 units, and the two towers together have around 450 units. Are the two towers just a first phase on the north site, or are they on both sites? Because if this is only 450 units on land use approved for 1000, what a missed opportunity; especially since the townhouses that were here before were around 150 units, so it's only a net increase of 300 units on the single closest site to the Dalhousie LRT. On the other hand, the AMP page says it's the first phase of up to 1200 units; that would make a lot more sense to me.

1614806854835.png

I think part of the confusion was the land use diagram is much earlier than when the DP was submitted. IIRC, the diagram was showing the zoning allowed at the time and the original land use application was asking for a height increase to allow for two towers that were in the 30 storey range. I don't remember what happened with it in the end, but I'm guessing the height increase was struck down. It'd be nice if the south tower was at least a few floors higher to take advantage of the station area, but the 15 they have now will be good. Hopefully we'll see another development proposed for the lot directly south of it...maybe a tower around the 20 floor level.

Last edited:

Back