Votes: 43 66.2%
  • 3 So So

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • 4 Not Very Good

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 5 Terrible

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Going through them: which ones? I only can think of the holiday inn express which has no layby, dedicated all hours loading zone (the Ramada), or driveway.

Only the International and 5 didn't by a quick review, and they are were built as apartments, operated as hotels, and turned back into apartments. Perhaps a sign.
Off the top of my head - the Palliser, Alt EV, Best Western on 8th, and Marriot Fairfield.

Nothing wrong with a dedicated loading zone in the parking lane - but we shouldn't be carving them out of pedestrian spaces. It's terrible urban design perpetuated by traffic engineers at the City that should not be occurring in 2022.

Off the top of my head - the Palliser, Alt EV, Best Western on 8th, and Marriot Fairfield.

Nothing wrong with a dedicated loading zone in the parking lane - but we shouldn't be carving them out of pedestrian spaces. It's terrible urban design perpetuated by traffic engineers at the City that should not be occurring in 2022.
I can say with very strong authority that there were a few in the transportation department at the City that fought this particular layby, but the developer insisted it was needed for the project to be viable, and the local councilor gave the order to senior administration to "stop holding up development", and thus it was allowed.

I can say with very strong authority that there were a few in the transportation department at the City that fought this particular layby, but the developer insisted it was needed for the project to be viable, and the local councilor gave the order to senior administration to "stop holding up development", and thus it was allowed.
Do you know if the transportation folks offered a compromise to reducing a 5th Ave to 4 lanes from the current 5 lanes to give up a lane for a layby?

That would be a win for everyone - the sidewalk is not impacted, the hotel gets their load/unload lane, and traffic flows are un-impacted - it's overbuilt in current 5 lane configuration anyways.

Interesting - maybe I'm too quick to blame transportation in this case.

Although - if a 24 hour loading zone in the parking lane was on the table I don't understand why a developer would insist on having a layby.

Love that corten on the East wall!
20220621_085733.jpg

Yeah this thing really turned out fabulous.

0C63C8F2-4B53-4847-8176-D84A58E3B5C9.jpeg
0BD43C87-B720-4A7A-AB3C-E1594CD2E869.jpeg
66C5B029-63E8-4C82-93FB-65AF4CB6B7D1.jpeg

We have a reservation for August long in the Dorian, so we have a quasi official opening date!
:cool: Which type of room did you get, an Autograph or the Courtyard style?

Autograph. If Bonvoy magic works out, should get a suite.
Suite!;) I'd get the Autograph too as it looks different than most rooms styles.

Back