I would be fine with 3 balcony-wrapped square-footprint glass towers there. Could look pretty cool, especially if they offset the footprints so they don't all rise in a grid format. Even if just the primary tower plus retail podium got built, this would be a pretty significant win.

^ That's what I was thinking. I'm getting tired of the boxes. Guess we can blame the economy.
If it's still 178m, it'll be taller than The Guardian - another boxy, not particularly beautiful project liked primarily because of its height.

I agree on the Guardians. They aren't beautiful. You can have beautiful boxes. It is strange. Calgary's residential towers are the boxiest in the nation. The office towers are the least boxiest. I guess it all evens out.

Are the renders public?? So I’m guessing the design isn’t the Dubai looking thing on page 1? Aww ... I kinda liked that one, was unique. And wasn’t a box.
I love the height on this one though. Start date??

This is going by memory, but the towers were articulated something like this.. Picture 3 Guardian/Orchard looking towers in those positions. The 56 storey one was closest to Macleod.

Image17m.jpg

Attachments

• Image17m.jpg
    Image17m.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 578
I don't mind that at all. I'd prefer the tallest to be in the middle, but whatever. Hopefully they treat the riverfront nicely there. Maybe a nice little promenade and a few restaurants? Is that too wishful?

The Guardians and Orchard aren't alike at all. Could you narrow it down? Is it more Orchard or more Guardian?

The one thing I'm not looking forward to is that it will most likely block out one of my favourite views of the city... driving north over cemetery hill and seeing the tower and the skyline. Here's hoping the placement of these towers preserved the view corridor to the Calgary Tower from cemetery hill or, at the very least, the design quality of this proposal is enough to make up for it in some way.

The one thing I'm not looking forward to is that it will most likely block out one of my favourite views of the city... driving north over cemetery hill and seeing the tower and the skyline. Here's hoping the placement of these towers preserved the view corridor to the Calgary Tower from cemetery hill or, at the very least, the design quality of this proposal is enough to make up for it in some way.
I think his will definitely end up blocking the tower from there. You should be able to see it from the top of cemetery hill, but not from the bottom.

The Guardians and Orchard aren't alike at all. Could you narrow it down? Is it more Orchard or more Guardian?
Balconies like Orchard colours like Guardian, massing is tall square boxes.

The towers sort of look like this one
Image63.jpg

Entertainment District skyline, May 2014, Photo by Forum contributor Soho

Attachments

• Image63.jpg
    Image63.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:
Okay, i'm feeling better about it now, thx for the details guys. I'm happy they seem to be aligned to follow the shape of the river, rather than the grid of streets like near all other buildings do. gsunnyg is also right, it'll extend the skyline southward greatly.
I'd also prefer the tallest one to be in the middle, it's a bit of an outlier on the very edge.
Good enough tho. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi Group,
How will this Project B or Look Compared to the Project down by Mcleud Tr/25th Ave? That One will have 3
Towers plus a Super Market of Sorts,

Tnx,
Operater,

Last edited:
I'm so excited about the height and the fact, like gsunnyg mentioned, extending our skyline more to the South. I do wish that they built em tallest to shortest North to South but whatever I'll take this either way. Hopefully they start soon, anyone got any ball park guesses as to when and if they'll start these bad boys?

Back