MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
It looks like Minto is launching an East Village project. I have no idea how accurate this image is, no application has been made, but the project is being marketed to investors in Ontario by the looks of things:
1659541482142.png

It looks like Minto is launching an East Village project. I have no idea how accurate this image is, no application has been made, but the project is being marketed to investors in Ontario by the looks of things:
View attachment 417814

That's a nice lot - seems like the riverfront is getting more interest than the "interior" of east village with EV606 and this spot getting some attention.

I'm sure it would be toned down to provide more interior square footage, but that's a really cool concept. Hopefully they'd also do a much better job of taking advantage of the riverwalk exposure than the building next to it. Still a bit miffed at that missed opportunity.

I'm sure it would be toned down to provide more interior square footage, but that's a really cool concept. Hopefully they'd also do a much better job of taking advantage of the riverwalk exposure than the building next to it. Still a bit miffed at that missed opportunity.
Yeah, they did blow a good opportunity for better pathway activation on M2, but I still feel hopeful that sometime in the future, M2 will have a couple of restaurants with patios, and all will be good.

Last edited:
It looks like a 1970s beach hotel.

Was this the parcel that was subject to a design competition recently?
I believe so. There was a design by @MoDA and posted by @UrbanWarrior in Dec 2021. More photos are on page 10, post #138 here:

Looked like this:
1659553430930.png

Attachments

• 1659553463452.png
    1659553463452.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
  • 1659553497893.png
    1659553497893.png
    1 MB · Views: 62
I really hope that after this, they start to fill the 3 massive parking lots soon with developments. The riverwalk side looks very nice, but walking through the inner EV still seems like a work in progress. Has there been any interior projects proposed for EV? I can't think of any

Back