twitter21Sep2020.jpg

Just bumping this thread as there have been some new DPs submitted recently for West District. First, the area map again for reference, with my rough notes on where things are for ease of reference:
West District.jpg

DP2020-8276 was submitted last year:
Project is being called Cavallo
1621365306120.png

1621365372417.png

DP2021-3315 was submitted recently:
Project is called Parkside: https://trumanhomes.com/parkside
1621365688090.png

1621365622858.png

1621365726379.png

Parkside seems to be a very high end, customizable condo project. Not to mention will greatly up the game for on-street parking in the neighbourhood by the looks of things :)

Attachments

• 1621365488995.png
    1621365488995.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 140
Progress photo on Newberry (formerly called Cavallo as recently as a few posts up). They are proceeding with both buildings by the looks of it.
PXL_20211121_193219478.jpg

I have also updated the first post of this thread to keep better track of the projects for this masterplan area.

Another project has been applied for in West District (but no rendering yet from what I can see):

It would be where number 8 is on the overall map, and based on the description looks to contain retail, office, residential and a daycare, so a great mix of uses. This would make sense, Broadcast Ave, the high street for this community, is directly adjacent to the north side of the parcel.
1644813534216.png

If it is accurate to the rendering of the community concept, then it would like the building in the centre of this image, however this is TBD until we can see the DP plans.
1644813628804.png

I note that Parkside, number 7 in the above map, has a Building Permit applied for, so expect construction to start on that soon. I have also heard from someone directly at Truman that they intend to start on the large, central park this spring. It is pretty much all graded already, including the pond area, so it shouldn't take too much to finish I hope. And, while I haven't taken a photo lately, I can say that the south building of the Newberry apartments is up to grade I think (pretty close if not), and the parkade and rebar for the north building has all been poured/placed. I will try to get a photo in a few days.

I will update the first page for this new number 8, and again when we get more information.

This was an interesting way for Truman to secure ~20 years of greenfield multi-family sites in an popular suburban location without having to really on other developers to service and set the land for them. The location is high value (for the burbs) and they can control the quality of amenities that are added. It’s not easy to secure dev sites in west Calgary, and creating a consistent ~20 year pipeline of projects, was a solid business decision.

This project is literally one of the top 3 factors of why we chose a house where we did (you can almost see our house in that map with the numbers on it). We left downtown, but give it a few more years, and Truman will have built all of the best parts of downtown within walking distance of our place.

Perfect place for a few towers. Always wanted to be making the descent from Scott Lake Hill and see a node(s) of towers in the distance signifying Calgary. Whether it be Crowfoot or up at this West District I think it would make for a cool approach to the city.

Last edited:

Back