Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
Would it need a new DP to change the height like that? I can't remember if a new one was submitted when Tower 2's height was revised to match #1. Does this rumour indicate that construction of #3 is imminent?
I’ve seen in the past where a height change can use the existing DP if it’s only adding or removing floors.
I’m wondering if making the third tower the same height would be over the FAR limit? It seems like they must be close to it already.

I'm not sure which store could see themselves in that space... on 9th Ave there looks to be very few actual doors into that space? In Calgouver's picture above I count 1. This place drives me nuts.
Yeah it's not exactly surprising that businesses wouldn't want to located here. The CRUs are the opposite of inviting, the cladding and massing for the podium would feel more at home in a business park. Cheap out on form/massing/materials, lose out on commercial rents I guess.

Same pic as above but large res.

jk9r8bg3o4491.jpg

I'll have to see what they look like in real life. The photo looks like it has a filter applied, and makes it look pretty good.

I don't mind the LED; it's a little bright but actually improves the look of them at night. But then again, the Bonnybook Sewage Treatment Plant looks better at night, too.

Looks ok there. Is there any leasing activity on the main floor yet? despite being a beige bunker, the location should be able to attract something, 11th is a busy pedestrian street.
I didn't see anything the last time I passed by. But there are no CRUs on the busy pedestrian 11th St; they're all around the corner along the high speed, high volume car sewer. Here's what the busy pedestrian street gets:

PXL_20220424_235532769~2.jpg

I think there is a space onto 11th, meant for a restaurant/cafe and patio space between that wall and the building. But, that was what the rendering showed, and a lot of what the renderning showed did not turn out to be true, so who knows......

I think there is a space onto 11th, meant for a restaurant/cafe and patio space between that wall and the building. But, that was what the rendering showed, and a lot of what the renderning showed did not turn out to be true, so who knows......
Just like the sloping roof was going to be covered in lush green trees and shrubs. 😂

As weird as it is to say, I think the street interaction would've been improved a lot more if the doors were just nicer, or if there was a look into the lobby. This just looks like some shady back entrance. Compare that to BLVD:
1654632051985.png

BLVD has just as many issues (if not more) - facing a busy car-oriented street, there are steps up for flooding protection, but it just looks a lot more welcoming

Back