Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
Tower designs weren't on my mind when I called this development banal. This is a large block that presented an opportunity to be broken up once or twice with retail lined corridors instead of a large internal driveway network for residents. That would be something for future developments in the West Village to be inspired and to expand upon. Why must the East Village be exclusive to that kind of urban experience? Instead, the West Village Towers will just inspire more of the same and bring in more boatloads of people. Yay? In my experience, the built form contributes far more greatly to the energy of a neighbourhood than the number of people living in it.
I can't argue with you on the aspect of the large block. I too would have rather seen it broken up in smaller chunks.

Some pics of the crane:

2017 Nov 22 019.JPG 2017 Nov 22 020.JPG 2017 Nov 22 021.JPG

Attachments

• 2017 Nov 22 019.JPG
    2017 Nov 22 019.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 2017 Nov 22 020.JPG
    2017 Nov 22 020.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 322
  • 2017 Nov 22 021.JPG
    2017 Nov 22 021.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 316
Hi All,
The Same Dvlpr has the Metro Ford Sites. Anyone Know Yet when Metro Ford moves Out yet? Not sure of the Designs Off Hand - if any,
Also Years Back there was a Dvlpmnt Company called Yale Dvlpmnts that had big plans along 9th Ave for Commercial Dvlpmnt between 5th St to 8th St, S W
on the South Side of 9th Ave. Nothing ever happened. Anyone know who if any Companies now own that land between 5th St West to up to Metro Ford?
Lots of Opportunities as I See It,

Tnx,
Operater,

The Metro Ford site is owned by One Properties (formerly WAM). Metro Ford is not moving out of there anytime soon. As for all of the other vacant lots on 9 Ave, east of Metro Ford .... sure there is lots of opportunity. However we are not in an economic cycle that would support all of that at once. I think a lot of us are surprised at the amount of development (mostly residential) that is still going on in the inner city.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't want the West Village Towers to absorb it. It breaks up the monotony being built and there's always the potential for redevelopment.

Back