MichaelS

Member Bio
Reaction score
A DP has been submitted for a multi-family project in the SE corner of 37th Street and 26th Ave SW. A decent location, along a recently rebuilt Main Street, and at a stop for the Max Teal BRT. No renderings in the DP package online, but some elevations:

1635533232604.png

1635533262635.png

1635533327684.png

1635533346493.png

Based on the landscape plan, this looks to be the first of a two phase project:
1635533388503.png

That's great location for a 5 story building. I haven't been down 37th in a while, but does anyone know if the City actually closed all those driveways? The streetscape masterplan seems to show a few remaining driveways, including a driveway at one of the houses that would be involved in this development (4th house south of 26 Ave SW).

1635543094629.png

Nice! So it would be replacing these houses along 37th ave?
Amazing how low density that area is. Great location for a boost. Particularly interested in the integration into the updated public realm along 37th. Will offer a really nice opportunity for anyone that bicycles - existing 26th Ave lanes and the new 37th Street path are both pretty consistent and connective for a kilometres in each direction.

Great area for development and at the right scale. My problem with the development is they should of incorporated at least one commercial space on the corner with 26th. My other beef is the roof line, which could have been broken up with maybe an extra storey closest to the corner. Right now it looks more like a wall than a place to live.

i noticed a couple weeks ago that area had been completely cleared. as shown on the information provided this isnt on the corner but further south along 37th.

theyve really done alot of work to improve the sidewalks on 37th and on 17th from 37th east.

now just fill the 50 acres of parking at westbrook lrt please.

i noticed a couple weeks ago that area had been completely cleared. as shown on the information provided this isnt on the corner but further south along 37th.

theyve really done alot of work to improve the sidewalks on 37th and along with the sidewalks on 17th from 37th east.

now just fill the 50 acres of parking at westbrook lrt please.
DMAP shows it as being on the corner of 37 St and 26 Ave.

1635546505248.png

The developer is based in Campbell River. This looks like it could be their first project out-of-province.

Back