39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Note to self, avoid the Qatar malls...

Alhazm Mall has the following dress code policy:
al-hazm-mall-dress-code-qatar.jpg

From link.

Malls allowing shorts covering the knee or longer​

This applies to both men and women and the below-mentioned malls also said that shoulders must be covered.
  • Doha Festival City
  • Mall of Qatar
  • Villaggio Mall
  • Hyatt Plaza
  • Gulf Mall
  • Al Khor Mall
  • Ezdan Mall
  • Lagoona Mall
  • City Center Mall

Nope. It's called homophobia.. Qatar is really the worst homophobic country on the planet.

That makes no sense whatsoever as a response.

You asked a question on what FIFA's motivation was for holding the event in Qatar.

I answered 'Money'.

I am correct. It was all about the money. The money is why they ignored the discrimination, homophobia and other social ills of the country in question.

Its not because FIFA itself is homophobic, its because they don't care that Qatar is; because money.

That makes no sense whatsoever as a response.

You asked a question on what FIFA's motivation was for holding the event in Qatar.

I answered 'Money'.

I am correct. It was all about the money. The money is why they ignored the discrimination, homophobia and other social ills of the country in question.

Its not because FIFA itself is homophobic, its because they don't care that Qatar is; because money.

So if FIFA isn't homophobic, why did they hold the world cup in a homophobic country?

So if FIFA isn't homophobic, why did they hold the world cup in a homophobic country?

I answered that question explicitly.

Money. Read all about it, below:

Last edited:
They don't care about homophobia. They'd be happy to hold it in Norway, if Norwegian officials gave them enough bribes.

Qatar is using North Korean slave labour, I hear. https://www.theguardian.com/global-...-koreans-working-state-sponsored-slaves-qatar https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/11/1...rkers-sanctions-stadiums-construction-soccer/. FIFA doesn't have a vendetta against them, but $$$ is always more powerful.

I agree that we should boycott the World Cup anyways though.
Why would they hold the World Cup in such a stone age country?

Homosexual behaviour is illegal in Qatar.

Dress code​

You should dress modestly when in public, including while driving. Women must cover their shoulders and avoid wearing short skirts. Both men and women are advised not to wear shorts or sleeveless tops, when going to government buildings, health care facilities or malls. If you do not dress modestly, you may be asked to leave or be denied entry to these locations.
No need to look that far. From the Canadian travel advisory for Qatar:
1668136308068.png
1668136328224.png
1668136350448.png

It kinda sucks that people (and teams) are only really complaining *now*. It's been what?, 12 years since Qatar won.

I have very mixed feelings ... I want to boycott and not watch, but at the same time I want the Canadian team to do really well.

Back