There are the kitchen tiles!! In the bathroom where they should be. haha

I must say I never thought I'd hear the words "Scavolini" and "Amana" uttered in reference to the same kitchen. Wow.

Hi Guys

I know I promised these pics more than a month ago but everything has been quite busy with the move.

I moved in last week Friday and I must say, I'm quite pleased with the work done in my suite. A lot of the issues I brought up during the PDI have already been resolved by move in.

As for the building generally, there seems like A LOT of work left to be done. Construction workers are here daily, and with only 1/4 elevators working, there's quite a delay. Luckily I'm on one of the lower floors.

I haven't gained access to the 5th floor, but by peaking in, it doesn't look anywhere close to being done.

I have to say, the security guards are amazing. They're very courteous(construction workers included) and helpful, hopefully they will remain when the building registers.

I'll upload additional pictures of what my suite looks like now that I've decorated.

Thanks for the pics. DanishC, looking forward to seeing what you've done with the place. I didn't realize the balcony glass was so dirty, imagine what the building will look like once the glass has been cleaned for the first time? It'll look standout!

I really like that small window they have beside the glass doors. Would make a great cat flap. Just place a small stool under it and make sure there's a wired cage on the other side. :)

hold on here 1 sec. is this a standard mount sink? or an undermount?

i was thinking undermount sink was pretty much the only option if you get a granite countertop.

1129afr.jpg

hold on here 1 sec. is this a standard mount sink? or an undermount?

i was thinking undermount sink was pretty much the only option if you get a granite countertop.

That's definately not an undermount sink. Im guessing that undermount probably costed an arm and a leg with Cresford? You win some, you lose some I guess.

Nice backsplash options, and pretty decent cabintery... just no undermount sink as a standard.

caddyfleet, I can confirm with certainty that granite countertops can be paired either with drop-in (conventional) sinks or undermount sinks, there is no standard requirement for granite countertops to go with undermount sinks ... it just looks better that way (I agree and got that upgrade myself) ... I wonder how much Cresford was charging for undermount sinks?

kennyx, those look like very typical 3x6 tiles (in taupe :D)

i understand people feel 'safe' with neutral colours, etc but that's just too much brown on brown ... even a white tile would have looked better.

given what appears to be a wide selection of standard backsplashes, i would have chosen the 1-piece glass

kennyx, those look like very typical 3x6 tiles (in taupe :D)

oh... I agree 100%. That backsplash isnt something that I would have chosen for myself.
But I could have sworn that I read and saw that tempered glass backsplashes were a standard selection?

i understand people feel 'safe' with neutral colours, etc but that's just too much brown on brown ... even a white tile would have looked better.

given what appears to be a wide selection of standard backsplashes, i would have chosen the 1-piece glass

I for one think it looks sharp, although I chose different colours for my unit. It is a personal taste and that is what makes the world go round and round.

Maybe a dumb question but what is that white gadget we see ontop of the stove? Looks like all the units have one.

Last edited:
I just received a letter from CASA. My confirmed closing date has been delayed by 10 days in February. This will certainly cause me grief since I have to be out of my house Feb 5th.
---Happy Holidays---

Last edited:
When places do that, they should have to pay for your hotel and storage bills, assuming it's within say 60 moving days or something.

I just received a letter from CASA. My confirmed closing date has been delayed by 10 days in February. This will certainly cause me grief since I have to be out of my house Feb 5th.
---Happy Holidays---

Yikes. I should probably expect a similar letter as my confirmed closing date is also Feb 5. Thanks for the info.

---Happy Holidays---

that's why it's always better to give yourself the extra month to move in anticipation of delays and more time for the actual transition.

that's why it's always better to give yourself the extra month to move in anticipation of delays and more time for the actual transition.

I'll know better next time. My closing date was for the 4th and gave myself the extra day. My new closing date actually got delayed to the 19th so that is a 15 day delay.

Back