AHK

Member Bio
Reaction score
Excavation is now underway for the new 'Cat' Park - offsite park land for The Well project. Photos taken Wednesday, August 10. Confirmed by personnel on site that the activities underway are for construction of the park.

20220810_102500.jpg

20220810_102440.jpg

Is this confirmed to be the design for sure? I remember reading the city will be delivering this and not Allied / The Well team - can’t remember where it stands now.

I’ll never say no to more Claude Cormier in Toronto so hoping for the best!

Is this confirmed to be the design for sure? I remember reading the city will be delivering this and not Allied / The Well team - can’t remember where it stands now.

I’ll never say no to more Claude Cormier in Toronto so hoping for the best!

The design should be by Claude Cormier - it would be a huge surprise if it is not, and there has been no communication to area residents from the City as to otherwise.

City council adopted a measure on March 10, 2021, to require design of the parkette on the north side of Wellington (456 Wellington Street West) be coordinated with the design with the other landscaping elements in the area - including the Draper Street parkette - all done by Claude Cormier. The wording of the motion is perhaps as far as a motion to council could go without naming a sole source supplier (i.e. Claude Cormier) in a City Council motion.

The following correspondence from Anthony MacMahon from Joe Cressy's office (with recipients email addresses redacted) is confirmation of the motion being passed.

Hello,

Following up – the motion was adopted at city council today. We'll be following up with staff, but it's great news for this work that there is now council endorsement of coordination of the various projects in Wellington Place.

Kind regards,

Anthony MacMahon
Advisor, Constituency and Planning
Councillor Joe Cressy
Ward 10, Spadina Fort-York
416-392-4044
joecressy.com

If you have scheduled a meeting with anyone in Councillor Cressy's office, you may be required to register as a Lobbyist. The City of Toronto's definition of lobbying is quite broad. You are advised to check for more information online http://www.toronto.ca/lobbying/ or phone (416) 338-5858.

Sent: Monday, March 8, 2021 3:54 PM
To:
Subject: Wellington motion

Hi All,

The council agenda has been published, and the councillor's member motion is on the agenda for Wednesday, March 10th. You can find the link to the agenda item here: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2021.MM30.14, and the Motion itself is here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/mm/bgrd/backgroundfile-164675.pdf

The summary directly speaks to the amount of Section 37 funds that have been secured to support this project, and that dedicating staff resources and hiring external consultants is necessary to ensure success of the project.

The language of the motion is as follows:

1. City Council direct the Deputy City Manager, Infrastructure and Development Services to coordinate the implementation of construction projects in the vicinity of Wellington Street West and Draper Street, including:
a. the north boulevard of Wellington Street West between Clarence Square Park and Victoria Memorial Square Park;
b. the full reconstruction and redesign of Draper Street;
c. planned cycling infrastructure;
d. water main replacement; and
e. the design of the new City park at 456 Wellington Street West.

2. City Council direct the Deputy City Manager, Infrastructure and Development Services to report to the Infrastructure and Environment Committee no later than the meeting on July 5, 2021, with recommendations for managing and executing the infrastructure projects in Part 1 above to a high standard of coordination and design excellence, including resource requirements, and with regard for the timing of major water main replacement work planned for 2024.

Thank you for your advocacy on this! I'll send you an update when a decision has been made at city council.

Kind regards,

Anthony MacMahon

Advisor, Constituency and Planning

Councillor Joe Cressy

Ward 10, Spadina Fort-York

416-392-4044

joecressy.com

What a fantastic way to connect 2 of the best new developments in the city... a 🐈 promenade between KING Toronto and The Well.

I hope the little "water cascades" in the circles make a bit of noise (good for the 👂s).

Back