Helmut Jahn

JK Equities and Time Equities
506 units with 307 condominiums

From the JK site
"1000 South Michigan Avenue is a to-be-developed, approximately 73-story residential tower building containing approximately 347 condominiums, ground floor retail space and approximately 440 accessory parking spaces. "

32155753124_cf186c9722_m.jpg

Last edited:
Still a vacant lot on an expensive street - 6 other towers going up within a few blocks - fingers crossed.

IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_8363.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    533 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_8363.JPG
    IMG_8363.JPG
    786.7 KB · Views: 435
Apparently this one is a go ! official groundbreaking last week - site prep has started.
Wow... not sure I expected this one to ever get built after it got delayed by a year (unofficially). I saw the the Ritz Carlton only just finally sold all 89 units in its building, 13 years after completion. Perhaps they'll just accept the fact they need to be patient with it and eventually they'll sell out. But damn... 830 feet on the southern side of Michigan Avenue is going to make an impact.

Who got the contracts for this one?

This will have such a gigantic impact on the skyline down there... We already see how much Essex has impacted the area, and this one is nearly as large as NEMA... I'm a believer now that I see equipment on site

This will have such a gigantic impact on the skyline down there... We already see how much Essex has impacted the area, and this one is nearly as large as NEMA... I'm a believer now that I see equipment on site

The change from the late '70s is un-real, from crack-houses, warehouses, and surface lots to this.

A sight many of us never thought we'd see...

Side note: Hope to see you at Nick's event this coming Saturday

Back