News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Bar Volo is moving down the block to the empty space on the NW corner of Church and Dundonald. I'm hopeful this will bring some life back to Church north of Wellesley - the area has seemed a bit quiet and forlorn over the past year or two.

I read that properties have been assembled on the north-west corner of Church & Wellesley to re-develop. Ho's, in the same building as the now closed Rexall, is moving to where the dollar store used to be next to Pizza Pizza. The Doctor on the second floor has also closed up shop. So something is up here.

I read that properties have been assembled on the north-west corner of Church & Wellesley to re-develop. Ho's, in the same building as the now closed Rexall, is moving to where the dollar store used to be next to Pizza Pizza. The Doctor on the second floor has also closed up shop. So something is up here.

There is now a sign up on the former Slacks - "5six2 Church", and another sign for "The Window" on what is maybe a mock storefront?

On the fuel retailing side, the gas station at the corner of Jarvis and Wellesley is fenced off with signs "closed for upgrade".

City's building application website shows building permit (under review) for "Proposal to construct a new gas station with 1 story convenience store containing retail & take-out restaurant ..."

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=4010201

There's a new sign called "Windows on church" up on the old kebab shop. Also, looks like RBC may be taking over the space next door as well; there's an application for renovations for a financial institution.

I asked somebody working on the exterior of The Window what it was and he said he thought it was an art gallery.

They seemed to have changed the sign from a sky blue "Windows on Church" sign to a white "The Widow" one...

An art window à la turque, hien...? Sounds yummy ^_^

2016-09-12 18.49.47.jpg

2016-09-12 18.50.15.jpg

2016-09-12 18.52.55.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-09-12 18.49.47.jpg
    2016-09-12 18.49.47.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 672
  • 2016-09-12 18.50.15.jpg
    2016-09-12 18.50.15.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 673
  • 2016-09-12 18.52.55.jpg
    2016-09-12 18.52.55.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 676
All the Best Fine Foods is now gone. While they announced earlier this month they were going out of business, Summerhill Market was to take over their assets and keep the Church St. location open. The store is now completely empty and Summerhill posted on their Facebook page today that the Church St. location is not part of their transaction. This is very disappointing for our neighbourhood.

Odd that happened, given Summerhill's previous statements. Might have had issues with the landlord - the lease might have given the landlord a veto on new owners assuming the leasehold interest. Who knows. Hopefully another great food outlet will swoop down and take that space next to Cumbrae's.

Back