News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

W. K. Lis

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
The CNE will be running this year from August 15 to September 1, 2014, see this link,

However, August 16 to 17, the TTC's Line 1 will be closed from St. Andrew Station to King Station, for Union Station second platform work. Don't know why they scheduled that work during the CNE. There will be no Ex streetcars from Line 1, see link.

Last edited:
Streetcar and GO trains go right to the gates, and while Line 1 is a major way of people getting to the streetcar, it is nothing compared to how bad it would be if there was no service on the Lakeshore west line or streetcar service. IIRC they have been shutting down a portion of the subway network every weekend.

There is the bus replacement for the 509, but there is no mention of it. I'm guessing because of the construction on Richmond Street, they are not running a 521 King Exhibition streetcar. More likely it is because of lack of reliable streetcars.

Can't wait to get those mini donuts from CNE! my favourite. Their facebook page is running contests for free admission and ride all day passes. FYI.

It always feels a bit silly to take the GO train one stop from Union, but having suffered through the unending torment of a streetcar packed to the gills, inching its way to the Ex on a hot summer day, I can confidently say the train is worth it.

Also, FYI, it's only $6 at the gate after 5pm Mon-Thurs, if, like me, you just like going in the evening, looking at the pretty lights, and eating too much junk food.

I'm looking forward to that s'mores bao they're selling this year. And the croissant with a chocolate bar baked in it.

Its sad they've gotten rid of the ice show, 2 years in a row now ... that used to be a staple ! Any idea why ? They replaced it with an acrobatic show but it is not nearly as good.

The CNE seems to get worse and worse every year. There is nothing much to see in those buildings. I made a video anyway and here it is.

[video=youtube_share;eu5YRocHGvM]http://youtu.be/eu5YRocHGvM?list=UUX-Hig3SImVD5GxzlWb-IQQ[/video]

Yea, I can relate; On top of my comment above they seem to bring in less and less interesting bands each year.

Back