maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
look great on Bay Adelaide

comcast3.jpg
comcast4.jpg

comcast2.jpg
comcast1.jpg

I was just in Philly. The glass gives the Comcast building an incredible lightness. It's going to be quite nice.

will they tanker in the windex or will it be pumped to site?

Wow, they've made substantial progress since I was there in late October.

I like Stern's Comcast tower, but wish it was built somewhere other than Philadelphia. 1 Liberty Plaza was an almost perfect spire and deserved to reign over the city, whereas Comcast kind of ruins that effect with its flat top.

sweet, im going to philly in late august since i havent really been to the downtown district in awhile. this just made me a bit more excited.

nay, been there, done that....just another boring building...nothing to stun about...

That glass is stunning. Hopefully the lit up glass at night for Bay Adelaide will also be stunning.

A Robert Stern building I believe. Yes the sheathing does seem nice and light, I hope B-A has something along similar lines.

The Comcast Tower in Philadelphia

Everyone: Every time I visit Philadelphia I notice the Comcast Tower-I am right now just in the next block N of the Comcast Tower's location working at the National Railway Historical Society here in Center City Philadelphia. That building may dominate the City today the way the Liberty Towers dominated things in the late 80s/early 90s. I sort of take it for granted as it is literally outside our doors. When I look at the William Penn statue atop Philadelphia's City Hall - 555 feet tall I believe - I see how much things have changed since taller buildings have been constructed in the past 20 or so years. But-interestingly-the WP statue faces NE-most if not all of the new construction has taken place S or W of City Hall-therefore not blocking his "view" so to speak.
LI MIKE

Long Island Mike,

William Penn is certainly not checking out the Comcast building. I think he's keeping watch over the FreeMason building across the street from City Hall.

Beautiful facade... would be perfect for Bay Adelaide. Somehow, I don't think it's gonna happen.

Hopefully the lit up glass at night for Bay Adelaide will also be stunning

wasn't it recently posted that this lighting scheme is a no go as it wasn't conservative enough in appearance

Back