8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

jimbogreen

Member Bio
Reaction score
Well, I've been in Toronto for just over 6 weeks and loving the city! Thanks to everyone for tips on things to do in the city. Haven't done them all yet, but i'm seeing a lot.

Anyway, I have some really good friends coming over to visit at the end of October, and I was hoping for some suggestions on cool bars & clubs to take them.

We are all early 30's, so still enjoy a club (so i'm thinking ThisisLondon or Brant House) but also like some cool smaller places and hopefully somewhere that plays good rock, both current and 80's (don't judge me!!).

I've been reading up and the Ossington Strip sounds well worth a visit for the smaller, cooler bars, but any other thoughts would be good. Where I am struggling is finding any rock bars/clubs. I'm not talking biker bars, but somewhere with great music and reasonably priced drinks. Asking a lot, I know!

Also, I live downtown, and they'll be at a hotel, so i'd rather keep things central.

Thanks. UT has been invaluable so far!!

Club

Go to Maison on Mercer basically across from St Germain Hotel...Muzik can be fun too but Maison is an older crowd. as for hip bars, ossignton is cool like Sweaty Betty's, Bar Chef, Drake Hotel, Amber, Brazen Head(sports Pub), all are central.

Civil Liberties at Bloor West & Ossington has been ranked #1 in a list of Canada's top 50 bars.

Other Toronto spots include: Bar Raval in 8th, Bar Pompette in 11th, The Bar at Alo in 13th, Gift Shop in 16th, Mother Cocktail Bar in 17th and BarChef in 18th.

Last edited:

Back