News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The Wall Street Journal has a piece on Costco today and I found these factoids amusing:

700: Percentage more hot-dogs that Costco sells annually than all Major League Baseball stadiums combined.

11 million: Number of eggs sold by Costco per day

Half: Portion of the world’s cashews sold at Costco

33 million: Prescriptions filled by Costco in 2019.

6 million: Pumpkin pies sold at Costco each year—all between September and December.

$1,150: Starting price for a Costco casket.

$1.5 for a Costco hotdog and comes with a fountain drink cup, gotta love that especially in 2023.

Hmmm, 767 of those have the same value as a Costco Casket.

So one Costco hotdog per week for 14 years, 9mos. is equatable to the casket.

Sounds about right.

The line up idiocy of this town never ceases to amaze me.

I'm quite fond of Towered; but everyone will know I may occasionally chide him for a wee bit of hyperbole; LOL

In his comment above, I see none. In fact, I might find it a tad restrained, LOL

I like good things; which is to say, right off the bat, mostly stuff you can't find at Costco, :p

But, seriously..........I'm not lining up to eat at Alo, orJacobs, I'm not lining up to shop at Holts or Eataly......

I'm sure as hell not lining up to shop at Costco............

I will never understand people's willingness or even desire to wait with a few thousand strangers for access to anything, let alone something distinctly mediocre. But w/e LOL

Last edited:
I'm quite fond of Towered; but everyone will know may occasionally chide him for a wee bit of hyperbole; LOL

In his comment above, I see none. In fact, I might find it a tad restrained, LOL

I like good things; which is to say, right off the bat, mostly stuff you can't find at Costco, :p

But, seriously..........I'm not lining up to eat at Alo, orJacobs, I'm not lining up to shop at Holts or Eataly......

I'm sure as hell not lining up to shop at Costco............

I will never understand people's willingness or even desire to wait with a few thousand strangers for access to anything, let along something distinctly mediocre. But w/e LOL
I fully deserve to occasionally be chided by those more knowledgeable than I - it's a helpful reminder when I'm too over the top! 🤣

Back