News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

This response is off the deep end too.
I don't think so.
All the posts were tangential to the same thing. You can't arbitrarily draw a line that decides what is right and what is wrong. If you didn't like it, fine, But you didn't have to respond. He/she was not being offensive to anyone.
Mhm, I could say the same about your response to my response? I stand by what I said, but I don't want to continue this tangent.

Where are the greys?
In Toronto, we are restricted to only 50 shades of grey.

b9fec01182275e650980b1713671609e.jpg
From link.

The cost of the entire Crosstown is projected around $13 billion.

How much more expensive would the line be if it were totally underground, and used subway cars like Line 1 and 2? Are there up to date costs comparisons per kilometer between LRT and subway?

The cost of the entire Crosstown is projected around $13 billion.

How much more expensive would the line be if it were totally underground, and used subway cars like Line 1 and 2? Are there up to date costs comparisons per kilometer between LRT and subway?
Just have to look at Scarborough or the Younge extensions. That being said even the Ontario Line is spiralling too.

Underground stations are expensive. Larger underground stations are even more expensive. As they grow the price doesn’t grow in a linear way, just as the cost of a clear span bridge doesn’t grow in a linear way. Span twice the distance, a beam needs to have 4 times the strength.

You can count on it being more if built to the standards of past TTC subway extensions. But then you have to think on what extra features would be scoped in if it was considered a subway, like no fare check transfers, loops, extra circulation space.

IMO every single one of the recent, under construction, and proposed projects are victim of tremendous scope creep, and catering to local interests—and to be frank, some urbanists who view every project not built as full blown subways as a betrayal.

There needs to be a cost reckoning - and some government will eventually rip the elevated bandaid off which we will all be better for.

Back