News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Councillor Gary Crawford, I think?

There really need to be targeted election campaign challengers against him, DMW, Holyday, Grimes and Pasternak.

The entire thing is bizarre: there was no rationale given, no public report, nothing.
I guess my question is: was this Crawford's decision alone to make? Or was there a city council vote on the issue? If so, I would have liked to know where my councilor lies on the issue so I can chew him out for voting against public interests.

I've come to the conclusion that the only thing to do now is to work for organizations and target wards with councillors like DMW, Holyday, Pasternak, and Crawford and make sure they're voted out on the next election cycle. Crawford barely won in 2018, so a strong challenger could take him out. Who knows.

I've come to the conclusion that the only thing to do now is to work for organizations and target wards with councillors like DMW, Holyday, Pasternak, and Crawford and make sure they're voted out on the next election cycle. Crawford barely won in 2018, so a strong challenger could take him out. Who knows.

Crawford barely won against an equally terrible candidate who successfully pushed for the removal of bike lanes on Birchmount and Pharmacy in her ward, in a highly unusual election which pitted incumbent councillors against each other due to the province reducing the number of wards in half. If there was an opportunity to get rid of Crawford, it was back then. But a different outcome here would not have been any better for us anyway.

I would add Michael Ford, Mike Colle, and Mark Grimes to that list. See link.

(Ah, for the days of two and three year city terms. There used to be one year city terms, but having an election each year would be too much. See link.)

I would add Michael Ford, Mike Colle, and Mark Grimes to that list. See link.

(Ah, for the days of two and three year city terms. There used to be one year city terms, but having an election each year would be too much. See link.)
Yeah, Grimes is definitely strongly in the anti-cycling camp, imho. I remember listening to him take all the credit for the linear park "he just opened up". It's a stretch of the waterfront from Humber Bay Arch Bridge and all the way west along Mimico which at the time was just connected into a continuous multiuse trail. You should have heard the audible disdain for bikers he had, while taking the credit for the trail. As if he was saying 'how dare they cycle the trail at the same time I'm walking it'.

]

Exciting news.

I would ask everyone to fill out the survey, and voice support for cycle tracks along the whole length. The one proposed on Cummer, is very short. And on Martin Grove, they prefer buffered bike lanes south of Donalbert even though there is space for barriers. Buffered bike lanes are not safe, and sharrows are even worse.

]

Exciting news.

I would ask everyone to fill out the survey, and voice support for cycle tracks along the whole length. The one proposed on Cummer, is very short. And on Martin Grove, they prefer buffered bike lanes south of Donalbert even though there is space for barriers. Buffered bike lanes are not safe, and sharrows are even worse.

Wow, protected bike lanes coming to the heart of sleepy central Etobicoke? Shh, nobody tell Stephen Holyday...

So I take it they are thinking of widening this section of Martin Grove between Rathburn and Burnhamthorpe? Because there certainly isnt much room in the existing ROW:

1606934791140.png

So I take it they are thinking of widening this section of Martin Grove between Rathburn and Burnhamthorpe? Because there certainly isnt much room in the existing ROW:

View attachment 286354
No, there is enough space on the existing roadway, for a 3 metre road lane in each direction, 0.5 metre buffer(protection in buffer), and 1.5 metre bike lane.

Back