News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I'm trying to understand this. Is the bidirectional facility on the one side for the small section to provide a connection for those traveling from Bartlett eastward to Havelock?

This is correct. There is no traffic light at Bartlett, so the desire was to make a seemless, protected, connection.

CEO of KingSett is against the proposed bike lanes on Avenue Road.

Here's the website if you want to receive updates about the study: https://www.toronto.ca/community-pe...ns/infrastructure-projects/avenue-road-study/
1662146300851.png

Initiatives like the one of that CEO pointed out above are precisely the type that motivate me to speak up/write to/do every survey about better mobility for bicycles and pedestrians. Because I KNOW that those types will be organizing/speaking out against it - gotta make sure I come to the issue with just as much energy and drive!

Now I’ll definitely make sure to write in support.

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if these lanes were neutered, given Tory listening to CEOs and the various ratepayer groups. Incredibly frustrating nonetheless.

Now I’ll definitely make sure to write in support.

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if these lanes were neutered, given Tory listening to CEOs and the various ratepayer groups. Incredibly frustrating nonetheless.
Not all 'ratepayer groups' oppose bike lanes. The new ones on The Esplanade were (and are) supported by the St Lawrence Neighbourhood Assn as they see them as a positive way to reduce through traffic through a mainly residential area. (Of course, some residents find them a nuisance!) They have certainly reduced through vehicle traffic (and are great for cyclists) now if only the police would do some enforcement of the new no-entry and one way blocks!

Since Thursday the Martin Goodman has been blocked at Yonge. Eastbound cyclists can merge with traffic fairly easily, westbound is not so safe. I asked what's up and heard " GFL is currently repairing damaged Hydro One cables. The cycle track has been closed to facilitate construction activities. Starting next Thursday evening, the set-up will be modified to accommodate a bi-directional bike lane on the eastbound through lane. The approximate duration is one month."

Pity the proper diversion will not be set up for a week but I understand the cable problem was unexpected and urgent.

As noted in another thread, the whole of Adelaide is about to become a huge construction site with new streetcar tracks, new watermain and the bike lane on Adelaide is in the process of being moved to north side of the street. While I agree it would have been better to close the lane before the pole was added but the lane is closing VERY soon as work is starting next week.

Back