News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Best Proposal For the New St. Lawrence North Market?

• Blue

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Green

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Red

Votes: 40 49.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I'm fine with either Red (revolutionistic) or Green (preservative) as either one does respect in circulation, surroundings and its roles as a market. Blue has none of that. Yellow and Orange tends to violate the originality.

Red is awful. Stop voting for red! Orange! Orange! Orange!

Are you guys kidding me with your support of red? It looks like a Po-Mo nightmare that escaped from the Eighties! That roofline is total schlock, and not at all in tune with the character of the area. At the base of an Intrawest ski resort, this design might work, but do we really want to consider a project that already looks dated in the render and is nothing more then a cheesy attempt at capturing Canadiana outdoorsyness? I would have to throw my support behind green because of it's obvious respect for its neighbourhood. Remember, we want to compliment our famous St. Lawrence Market, not upstage or insult it.

What he said. Except I'll go orange, rather than green.

Red's oval stairwell/elevator is something straight out of the 60s, and not in a good way.

Last edited:
They should have extended the call for proposals to include some better firms from further afield. None of these are great. They don't evoke a sense of 'urban market'.

Back