News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

CplKlinger

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

It's been a long time coming, and required a lot of work on the back end for Edward Skira (the CEO of Skyrise Cities), but the database editor is finally fixed and I am able to make changes and additions! Given how long it's been since we had someone maintaining the database, I know there'll be a lot that is outdated, and this is where I want your help.

If you know of any projects that are on the database but outdated (EG wrong status, incorrect details, etc.) or completely missing from the database altogether, please respond below with as many details as you can provide (including renderings or pictures if any are needed, and the longitude/latitude if it's not on the map yet). And this doesn't just go for buildings; parks, bridges, and other features are more than welcome as well. I just put the thread here since this subforum tends to be the most frequented.

I'm not trying to be lazy here, but there are a ton of projects on the database and a lot of forum threads that I have not followed closely. With your assistance, hopefully the database and map can be updated in quick order so that they can once again be a reliable reference for you fine people!

Thanks for your help, and take care :)

In case you haven't seen them yet: You can see the database here, and the map here.

Last edited:
Turns out that the database was already in really good shape, because a member had emailed @Edward Skira with updates on a regular basis, and Edward was kind enough to update the database accordingly. Big shout out to those two for keeping things humming, I'm very grateful! Still, feel free to use this thread going forward please, it would still help out a lot for when I inevitably miss stuff :)

It would be nice if the Oliver Crossing was added
I'll add it to the list, thank you! One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of things in the database don't have a corresponding banner in their forum thread. I'll take a closer look after my shift today.
EDIT: It's posted!

Last edited:
@CplKlinger
Suggestions for Database Promotions and Edits
Orange hub parkade
The Clifton
Connect Center (Edit Floor Count and add newest renders)
The Quarters Hotel And Residences (Change Status to On Hold)
The Mezzo (Change Status To Cancelled)

Last edited:
I've found in the past that it's probably better to leave construction projects that haven't started in "pre-construction," and those that have started and halted to "on-hold." This is just for the matter of it hard to be consistent to determine which projects are still moving towards construction, and those that generally don't have momentum to get started. Just a suggestion.

I've found in the past that it's probably better to leave construction projects that haven't started in "pre-construction," and those that have started and halted to "on-hold." This is just for the matter of it hard to be consistent to determine which projects are still moving towards construction, and those that generally don't have momentum to get started. Just a suggestion.
I think that's what I'll do, I feel similar to you. I want the database to be as objective as possible, and not just based on how I (or others editing it) perceive projects to be. Thanks for the tips @Canadian 001, I appreciate the help!

Hi,

Status on Station Pointe should be changed from 'Construction' to 'Complete' as construction has been complete for a while, and the building is occupied.
https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/forum/threads/station-pointe.33246/

Status on The Vermillion should be changed from 'Construction' to 'Complete' as construction is complete and the building is occupied.
https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/...vermillion-m-6s-red-leaf-brian-allsopp.28380/

Thanks!
Station Pointe is the entire development, most of which is still undeveloped. Fort Crossing entails the two buildings you're thinking of.

I'll look into the Vermillion later on, thanks for the post!

Station Pointe is the entire development, most of which is still undeveloped. Fort Crossing entails the two buildings you're thinking of.

I'll look into the Vermillion later on, thanks for the post!
Completely up to you how you want to categorize. With multi-phase developments, future phases are far from a guarantee. I think it makes a lot more sense from an organizational perspective to have them as 'Complete' as opposed to 'Construction,' and simply update them to 'construction' after actual construction commences on the next phase (such as Stadium Yards, Southpark on Whyte, Procura developments at Century Park, etc). For example, categorizing Station Point as in construction could not be further from the fact. Could also consider putting back to 'Pre-Construction' but the first building is complete (and it could technically be the last building built on site).

Like I said, this is your baby now, and categorize as you please. I just like viewing the map and when I filter for 'under construction,' it is easy to see all the active projects under construction.

Completely up to you how you want to categorize. With multi-phase developments, future phases are far from a guarantee. I think it makes a lot more sense from an organizational perspective to have them as 'Complete' as opposed to 'Construction,' and simply update them to 'construction' after actual construction commences on the next phase (such as Stadium Yards, Southpark on Whyte, Procura developments at Century Park, etc). For example, categorizing Station Point as in construction could not be further from the fact. Could also consider putting back to 'Pre-Construction' but the first building is complete (and it could technically be the last building built on site).

Like I said, this is your baby now, and categorize as you please. I just like viewing the map and when I filter for 'under construction,' it is easy to see all the active projects under construction.
I'll consider moving it to pre-construction, but it also couldn't be further from the fact to say that it's complete. Unlike the examples you mentioned, Station Pointe is a city project, like Blatchford or Exhibition Lands ( but with much less demand for the land). Is it a guarantee that the other plots will sell? No. But it isn't hinging on one company or one set of investors seeing their vision through.
StationPointeArea854w.jpg

@CplKlinger
New Additions (Older and Newer Developments)
These Developments Seem worthy

@CplKlinger
Thank you. I'm on vacation right now, so I'll tackle these when I get back (after the 14th). Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I was neck deep in finals.

@CplKlinger
Me coming back from vacation and remembering about this list
Meme.jpg

Just a joke of course, I really do appreciate your help in putting this together for me :)

Back