News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The building for 1871 Davenport Road just west of Symington, which was previously listed for lease is now for sale.
Some interior and overhead views:

Cool. I've wanted to see inside of there for a long time. Looks so much brighter than the covered windows and black paint job would suggest. :)

Would love to see something happen in here, or any of the empty storefronts along this strip. It needs some love.

Not sure where this should go as all of these neighbourhoods are evolving and shifting so rapidly! This is Emerson Espresso just northwest of Dupont and Wallace. Every time I have passed it has always been closed but today there was an open sign so I went inside. Café is being renovated but stumbled upon a bar/cafe/eventspace being built just behind. And along the alleyway there are several galleries! This is such a great part of the city and with literally thousands of residents moving into surrounding towers in next two months should be increasingly interesting. Taken 29 January.

IMG_6532.jpeg
IMG_6535.jpeg
IMG_6536.jpeg
IMG_6537.jpeg
IMG_6538.jpeg

Looks great! I go to the Pioneer gas station beside there all the time, but have never been able to drop by Emerson Espresso. Mostly because I get gas at night time when it's cheaper. But it's nice to see them making better use of those spaces along the alley way.

1350 Davenport is asking the CoA to convert a garage into a rental unit. Not huge but another step in the right direction on a stretch of the street that is starting to become a retail strip.

Just north of Emerson Espresso is a new venture called ‘Lynx.’ Don’t know how I missed it last time! Lol

Also stopped by 1110 Dupont to check out the new theatre space but alas no luck. But I did find some art by Peru 143!

IMG_8092.jpeg

IMG_8093.jpeg
IMG_8107.jpeg
IMG_8106.jpeg
IMG_8108.jpeg
IMG_8109.jpeg
IMG_8111.jpeg

I believe buried in here is mention of an upgrading of the linear park on the south side of Geary. The reason that I took this photo is because I noticed the laneway lined with garages on the north side which is a tremendous opportunity! Little cafés and galleries topped with studio apartments that face the park. Love it!

IMG_8113.jpeg

IMG_8114.jpeg

Back