News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Any idea as to why construction was delayed?

My best guess is what @DSC said in his post, here: (after last years budget)

Depending on how you want to read those numbers above from this year, the slippage is just a year (though a lesser sum budgeted than in '21); or the slippage is a bit greater, with the previous project divided into two.

Though, if you read the project numbers, neither of this years listings match last year's project number; and the total budget appears to have dropped 5M.

But as I noted, Parks has a truly bizarre way of accounting for projects that I very much dislike; its quite convoluted, and can be needlessly confusing!

The tendency to break things into sub-projects also inflates project workload and cost.

Last edited:
This seems an apt spot to drop this:

1649516752445.png

This seems an apt spot to drop this:

View attachment 391505
Now that the closing date has passed (May 10th) when can we expect an announcement about the winning architect firm? I am really hoping for Claude Cormier based on what we got for Berczy. This feels very 50/50 in terms of ending up like Berczy or otherwise Sherbourne common based on the preferred concept plan. It could be iconic based on how much space there is to work with (the length of 6-7 city blocks) but I am worried about the execution.

Now that the closing date has passed (May 10th) when can we expect an announcement about the winning architect firm? I am really hoping for Claude Cormier based on what we got for Berczy. This feels very 50/50 in terms of ending up like Berczy or otherwise Sherbourne common based on the preferred concept plan. It could be iconic based on how much space there is to work with (the length of 6-7 city blocks) but I am worried about the execution.
I would expect we might hear about bidders and winner in September, it would be great to have Cormier but I suspect not.

I would expect we might hear about bidders and winner in September, it would be great to have Cormier but I suspect not.

The winner just got the tender at Bid Award on January 11th.

It is not Cormier.

It is SLA

(IBI local partner)

1674679888465.png

Not a lot of $$$ here, so expectations will have to be tempered.

For interest's sake, this is the full list of bidders:

1674679967034.png

Back