Meh, hate for towers in the park is over done. Having some nicely landscaped green space between buildings is better than packing towers right next to each other.
The tower setback from the public ROW is the bigger sin with the tower-in-the-park site layout, which is amplified further with the huge ROW widths of city streets in Mississauga/North America.

Meh, hate for towers in the park is over done. Having some nicely landscaped green space between buildings is better than packing towers right next to each other.
The tower setback from the public ROW is the bigger sin with the tower-in-the-park site layout, which is amplified further with the huge ROW widths of city streets in Mississauga/North America.
I am a big fan of having park space on the "inside" of developments like this, with towers against the roads, but we could stand to have some trees between buildings and the QEW. I'd rather see the towers right up against Haig on the west/left side, but I think the buffer along the north/top is perfectly acceptable, nobody wants to directly overlook any highway, let alone the QEW. Also keep in mind the mature shade trees along the S Service Road have been replaced with a sidewalk and metal fence:
Screenshot 2023-10-05 140448.png
Screenshot 2023-10-05 140500.png

Last edited:
Nov 9
Was in the area and took a peak of the mall interior.

Tim's is gone along with a number of stores that are vacant. This becoming a shell of what it used to be.

The new South Service Rd is now connected to Dixie, but close off. You can only exit the mall at the traffic light and have to go to the south end to get into it. Can't make a left turn to the exit to Dixie from the mall driveway.

Sign posted for Phase 1 development that has gone to planning committee in May and the first time seeing it as I am very rarely over by phase 1

It will have very little impact on the current mall

Looks like a walkway bridge is to go over the QEW based on the sidewalk layout
133A1997.JPG

Back