While it is very controversial among residents, it's better than an old mall from the mid-century. Lakeview Gold Course is also owned by the city of Mississauga, while Toronto Golf Club is private. Even though Lakeview is known as an intermediate and somewhat affordable golf course, it can become good parkland. What I'm stating is that this area might be totally different from today in the coming decades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lakeview Gold Course is also owned by the city of Mississauga, while Toronto Golf Club is private. Even though Lakeview is known as an intermediate and somewhat affordable golf course, it can become good parkland. What I'm stating is that this area might be totally different from today in the coming decades.

This is the regulatory floodplain map for this area of Mississauga:

Orange indicates essentially unbuildable land as it is within the regulatory floodplain (so if not it's current use, it would have to be park, unless flood-protection berms or the like were introduced.)

1624383832964.png

The golf course here, offers real opportunities for both park and development (probably fronting Dixie).

Slate is in the entitlement and rezoning process for Dixie Outlet Mall at 1250 S. Service Rd. In Mississauga.

Plans for the 45-acre site will incorporate a mix of uses, including enhanced green space, improved access for bicycles and walking, new shops and restaurants, and housing options. Slate has held multiple community meetings over the past two years.

“We’re now revising our master plan based on some of the feedback we’ve got,” said Donnelly. “We’ll likely release something later this year on that.”

Good to finally see this site coming to life!

"The Dixie Site is located along the northwest boundaries of Dixie Outlet Mall and benefits greatly from the accessibility of nearby road systems and public transit routes. Slate has submitted an Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment to the City to redevelop 7.1-acres of the larger 35.5-acre site, currently home to the Dixie Outlet Mall, proposing the creation of a 21st-century mixed-use urban garden community. Slate’s development plan is based on years of community engagement and consultant studies and will add much-needed housing alongside the existing retail space, including a range of suite types and sizes designed to cater to a diverse set of incomes, ages, and life stages.

The Dixie Site plan includes three elegantly designed mixed-use buildings that will provide over 1,200 new residential homes, retail and recreational opportunities, as well as 3.5 acres of park space and publicly accessible lands. Slate also plans to add new pedestrian connections and multi-modal trails within the site and add to existing trails and parks in the area, encouraging walkability and accessibility to the existing transit terminal located south of Queen Elizabeth Way and west of Dixie Road."

I love this so much. Seriously one of my favourite designs from the whole GTA right now. The human scale is impeccable. I understand it's just not possible in a lot of places, but there's something so satisfying about smaller individual towers with unique designs like this.

Sidenote, I think a pedestrian bridge from this plot over to the Applewood Village Plaza would be smart, even with the existing one not too far to the west.

Back