News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Does it?

• Yes, it is a factor I consider.

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • No, not really.

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters
You might also want to consider home delivery options like Mama Earth.

OK, for sure, this must be bougie, even if it's delivered from Parkdale No Frills. It's the grocery equivalent of having maid service.

Never understood the "buy Canadian" initiative, I mean sure it brings jobs, but in the end whoever comes here brings jobs. Not to mention these are companies, who honestly could care less about you. Unless they're small businesses, which in some cases don't care about their customers.

Never understood the "buy Canadian" initiative, I mean sure it brings jobs, but in the end whoever comes here brings jobs. Not to mention these are companies, who honestly could care less about you. Unless they're small businesses, which in some cases don't care about their customers.

Ah, it's called nationalism, mate. Try it sometime. It's actually quite nice when it isn't the type that thrives on internal division.

Ah, it's called nationalism, mate. Try it sometime. It's actually quite nice when it isn't the type that thrives on internal division.
Canada is not a nation state so it's hard for me to imagine "Canadian nationalism"

The fact that I live in the same country as someone from Yellowknife is extremely arbitrary and I don't see that as a reason to support their business

Canada is not a nation state so it's hard for me to imagine "Canadian nationalism"

The fact that I live in the same country as someone from Yellowknife is extremely arbitrary and I don't see that as a reason to support their business

Yeah, but ethnonationalism is a plague, so I'm ok with this.

Also, ethnonationalism isn't the only form of nationalism.

In fact, ethnonationalism is also arbitrary. My family comes from central Europe and if you think I'm ethnically even near homogeneous then you're gravely mistaken. No one is. Most of Europe is partially Asian, really, for example.

I mean, what state is truly a nation state? Not France. Not Italy. Not Britain. Not Russia. Not South Africa. Not China. Not India. Not Kenya. Not Chile. Not Brasil.

Japan and Korea, I guess. Mongolia maybe.

Last edited:

Back