News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I sent an email to Tarion with the link to this forum.

They said they will investigate.

I'll send updates once they respond.

I sent an email to Tarion with the link to this forum.

They said they will investigate.

I'll send updates once they respond.

Hi Sci223, Can you please give us the email address of Tarion where you sent the email? I would like to send them an email as well and I urge everyone who is a buyer of holiday towers to send an email to Tarion as well. I am sure the higher number of complaints will results in some sort of action by Tarion.

Last edited:
I don't have a specific address yet as they said it was being forwarded to the Underwriters and Licensing group for investigation.

Start an email under the contact section of the site. Someone writes back.

I sent an email to Tarion from the contacts section as well. I urge everyone else to do the same.

Last edited:
I say we get the media involved and bring this to public's attention. If they are jerking us around like this I think their reputation must suffer. I personally will never invest with Avari or FRAM again.
So what can we do to shake them a little bit and let them know they can't just walk all over their purchasers.
Can TARION help?

When a builder's reputation such as this one is decimated, they will just form a new company under a different name when starting their next project.

When a builder's reputation such as this one is decimated, they will just form a new company under a different name when starting their next project.

Well, at least they will have to go through that process and build up their reputation under their new company name. No?

I just contacted Tarion as well explaining to them the situation and asking them to investigate the status of Holiday Towers / Sell Off Condo.

If the builder is still within the economic viability stage and hasn't extended beyond the Tarion delayed closing provisions then Tarion has no role or jurisdiction in the matter. It is my understanding that Avari is the actual developer running the project and that FRAM is acting more as a general contractor. Sales have certainly slowed, but they are likely trying to reach certain thresholds within the economic viability window to obtain financing. Tridel and Edilcan are picking up most of the activity in that submarket with their two neighbouring projects and there is only so much demand in that corridor - time will tell...

Hi there, I've actually heard back from Avari and they say that they are not the owners, just the company doing the marketing for the condo in Pakistan!!! Imagine my surprise. Where does this leave us now? And WHO is the owner of this project?

As for Tarion, I fear they may only be able to assist after the 'tentative occupancy' date has passed, which would be May 2011.

But I am all for contacting the media to see if perhaps they can help us find out what the heck is going on here.

Last edited:
Below is the respone I received from Avari.

"The only affiliation our company Avari Hotels has with Holiday Towers is with the marketing of this project in Pakistan. Other than this, we have no connection. For other details please contact the vendor or his solicitor."

What a bunch of BS! I don't have my documents with me but on the sales/purchase contract who is the "Vendor"? I'm assuming it's either Avari or Fram.

Also, Irene Swain from Tarion said that she passed the information to the appropriate area within Tarion for further investigation.

This is just so bloody frustrating. But I see that we are the only ones that found out about this blog to at least support each other. But what about all of the other buyers? Where are they? Are they going through this terrible situation like we are? This was my first, and possibly, my last purchase. I bought with such anticipation to only have it go down the drain.

I am tired of standing still while other people play with our money and toy with our emotions at the same time. The sales rep that sold me my condo (the team before In2ition took over) was so wonderful and had nothing but nice things to say about FRAM - she did a great job in putting those rose coloured glasses on my head!!

but the question remains: WHO IS THE OWNER OF THIS PROJECT? No one seems to be taking responsibility for this. I really don't know where to turn or how much longer I will be able to put up with this.

If only Jojo Chinto was still on city tv. I'm sure that he would have done whatever was needed to advocate for us!!!

This is just so bloody frustrating. But I see that we are the only ones that found out about this blog to at least support each other. But what about all of the other buyers? Where are they? Are they going through this terrible situation like we are? This was my first, and possibly, my last purchase. I bought with such anticipation to only have it go down the drain.

I am tired of standing still while other people play with our money and toy with our emotions at the same time. The sales rep that sold me my condo (the team before In2ition took over) was so wonderful and had nothing but nice things to say about FRAM - she did a great job in putting those rose coloured glasses on my head!!

but the question remains: WHO IS THE OWNER OF THIS PROJECT? No one seems to be taking responsibility for this. I really don't know where to turn or how much longer I will be able to put up with this.

If only Jojo Chinto was still on city tv. I'm sure that he would have done whatever was needed to advocate for us!!!

You guys should go to the media to find out what the hell is going on, I am sure they would look into it.

Below is the email I sent to Philip Gordin (the Vendor's lawyer). Included in the email are: Steve Lorimer from Fram, Avari, In2ition, Irene Swain from Tarion. I also included the media in the email (Christopher Hume and Gale Beeby from the Toronto Star).

"Philip,

Enough with the silence. This silence is getting ridiculous. No one is owning up. No one wants to take any responsibility of who owns this project or who is in charge or who is the Vendor. What is going on with Holiday Towers/Sell Off Condo ? Is this going to get built or what ? Just let us, purchasers, know already if it won't get built so we can get our monies back and move on."

I hope this would get a response. Any response would be good at this point. I think contacting the Vendor's lawyer (Philip Gordin) is our only hope of getting some kind of response. I suggest you all do the same.

Back