News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The Coffee Time in the Gas Station Plaza on Pape reportedly moved because they owed the landlord "large back rent". The owner of the Plaza is investigating building condos on the site and has advised the remaining tenants that their leases won't be renewed.

I had a quick drive-by on Wednesday and, out of the corner of my eye, it seems as if the windows were papered over.

ETA: I just checked their FB page. They seem alive and kicking. But I could swear they had a separate website a month or so ago and now there's nothing under their domain name.
I'm pretty sure they're still open. The website is fotialive and they bill themselves as Toronto's Hottest Live Greek Music Bar. Open 9pm to 2:30am.

Whats with the big surge in live Greek music? In addition to fotia you have politeia and barcode on pape both appear busy. Include the ones on the danforth i havent seen anything like this since the 90s.

Whats with the big surge in live Greek music? In addition to fotia you have politeia and barcode on pape both appear busy. Include the ones on the danforth i havent seen anything like this since the 90s.

There's been a recent surge in Greek immigrants to the area, many of them in their early 20's to mid 30's and cafe's and live music are a critical part of the Greek culture. It's prime time to open one of those business on Pape as you can see with all of them doing well. I've heard rumours of another bouzoukia opening up beside Politeia.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but what the heck is going on at the NW corner of Cosburn and Pape?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but what the heck is going on at the NW corner of Cosburn and Pape?

Do we need to update this 9-year-old "Then & Now?"
Cosburn-Pape_3.jpg

Attachments

• Cosburn-Pape_3.jpg
    Cosburn-Pape_3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,253
There's been a recent surge in Greek immigrants to the area, many of them in their early 20's to mid 30's and cafe's and live music are a critical part of the Greek culture. It's prime time to open one of those business on Pape as you can see with all of them doing well. I've heard rumours of another bouzoukia opening up beside Politeia.

I have noticed the increase but always thought it was more 2nd and 3rd generation Greeks that have moved into the area as opposed to actual immigrants. The word has definately spread amongst the Greek community that Pape is the place to be, everything feels fresh.

The Coffee Time in the Gas Station Plaza on Pape reportedly moved because they owed the landlord "large back rent". The owner of the Plaza is investigating building condos on the site and has advised the remaining tenants that their leases won't be renewed.
Thank goodness!!! That area needs a serious clean-up!! Please keep us posted, as usual :D

Greece is no longer a major immigrant source to Canada, but the economic crisis in Greece over the last decade has led to increased emigration. Perhaps the few that are coming are settling in the area and revitalizing Greek life a bit?

Permit notices have been on the windows of the old dry cleaners spot since they closes years ago..I don't know how to look up the updates from the city, but I'm sure someone here does..

Greece is no longer a major immigrant source to Canada, but the economic crisis in Greece over the last decade has led to increased emigration. Perhaps the few that are coming are settling in the area and revitalizing Greek life a bit?

Did a bit of social media digging on these places it appears as though most of the performers are from Greece.

Permit notices have been on the windows of the old dry cleaners spot since they closes years ago..I don't know how to look up the updates from the city, but I'm sure someone here does..

They've had permits for underpinning work since 2015.

Back