39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
I am in a bit of a bind - there is an item that I consider a "white whale" of mine that is currently available on eBay - but the seller in the US refuses to ship to Canada. Any suggestions?

AoD

I am in a bit of a bind - there is an item that I consider a "white whale" of mine that is currently available on eBay - but the seller in the US refuses to ship to Canada. Any suggestions?

AoD
I have had things shipped to US friends who re-ship them. There are also companies in border cities who will take packages (for a fee) and you can go to collect them. I have never used them but there is https://www.islandshipcenter.com/canadian-visitor-services/

Reactions: DSC
I used Shippsy during the pandemic when I couldn't get to my USA mailbox. Recommended.

Thanks, I went with Stackry which does something similar (no GTA pickup, but that's ok). Now I just have to wait and see if I win the bid. One more piece in my NASA collection 🤓

AoD

Last edited:
There are many US-based package-forwarding services that (obviously, for a fee) do that kind of thing, and provide you with a US shipping address. A Google search for "package forwarding services" will give you lists of them.
About ten years ago I used one that's now called ViaBox a few times, though it was called something slightly different at the time, and they've apparently since then moved to Oregon from somewhere closer to the middle of the country (I've forgotten whether it was Illinois or Indiana). I recall buying things from two different sites a few days apart, and had them repackaged and forwarded to me in one shipment.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice. Update - I didn't get the white whale because I was asleep at the switch and lost by $5 US when another bidder suddenly popped in with less than minute to go. Not sure if I will ever see this one again. Oh well. Anyways, it wasn't for naught side I am able to get other NASA nerdery stuff. 🤓

AoD

Back