Pulling things out a bit, it looks like some interesting infrastructure is going in at the same time (all in green is proposed for 2025).

In particular, it's interesting that they're linking up what looks like Blatchford's eventual NE entrance to the 119th Ave Bike corridor.View attachment 568666

It does. Although I'm guessing that infrastructure starting at 107 Street and that will go along 124 street east into Delton where you can then connect to 119 Ave either via 96 or 92 Streets is going to be all painted lanes. Currently 96 and 92 streets that are part of the network are painted lanes.

I quite like the 119 Ave seperated infrastructure though - it's a pleasant ride that starts at 96 street and goes east to Coliseum - but will eventually get all the way to 50 Street with the new routes announced.

Also, at the Coliseum, you can connect to the existing shared path along the LRT line and go into northeast Edmonton, or opposite headed towards downtown.

This is similar to a number given by CBC on the This is Edmonton podcast this week. It is also similar to what administration was hinting at recently. It seems like an ambitious number, but I'm here for it.
This is indeed where the number was pulled from.. via my adhd memory filter which can jumble things up on occasion.

A7BFA3DF-CFB2-46E7-9664-E52CD8BDA089.jpeg
706D27EA-529C-4A6C-A989-FFC8F04ADD8F.jpeg

View attachment 570126
Appears to be the lot highlighted here. Also note that the city says this is the first of 3 planned multi-storey buildings from Crimson Cove.

This one project of 94 units on this relatively small plot is virtually doubling the number of units in Blatchford. It was reported at a recent council meeting there are currently 84 occupied townhomes with an additional 40ish under construction. There are also garage and basement suites as part of several townhomes, too, though.

I guess this project is probably two years from being occupied, but it will certainly help beef up the numbers in the community.

This one project of 94 units on this relatively small plot is virtually doubling the number of units in Blatchford. It was reported at a recent council meeting there are currently 84 occupied townhomes with an additional 40ish under construction. There are also garage and basement suites as part of several townhomes, too, though.

I guess this project is probably two years from being occupied, but it will certainly help beef up the numbers in the community.
Yeah. Legal secondary suites are the norm here, so it's not a true doubling of units. But it's certainly a healthy shot in the arm.

We need 2-3 buildings every year to happen to be even close to the project growth of this area. Hopefully some other builders jump in soon. The uni lands projects could give some competition though for builders/capitals.

The uni lands projects could give some competition though for builders/capitals.
One of those projects is capitalized with investor (University of Alberta) capital, is led by an executive management team and CEO who has proven experience delivering financial performance across the real estate sector, has proper governance oversight with an independent board who has extensive development experience, and is developing the project driven by market fundamentals not policy fundamentals.

The other is the City of Edmonton and its tax payers.

It does. Although I'm guessing that infrastructure starting at 107 Street and that will go along 124 street east into Delton where you can then connect to 119 Ave either via 96 or 92 Streets is going to be all painted lanes. Currently 96 and 92 streets that are part of the network are painted lanes.

I quite like the 119 Ave seperated infrastructure though - it's a pleasant ride that starts at 96 street and goes east to Coliseum - but will eventually get all the way to 50 Street with the new routes announced.

Also, at the Coliseum, you can connect to the existing shared path along the LRT line and go into northeast Edmonton, or opposite headed towards downtown.
Yeah, I get the feeling that riding off to places along 118 Ave is going to be a big thing for the other half and I once being able to ride out east of Blatchford is a thing.

Back