What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
No erected cranes yet but some minor movement.

Reference Id:Job No 443295494-002
Description:To install (3) Fascia On-Premises Sign(s) (BONNIE DOON SHOPPING CENTRE - 3 FASCIA SIGNS & MINOR EXTERIOR ALTERATIONS)
Plan 2224KS Blk 3 Lots A,B,C
Applicant:B & A PLANNING GROUP
Create Date:2022/08/08
Neighbourhood:BONNIE DOON
New 'Bonnie Doon Centre' signs are being installed over the mall entrances.

I inquired with B+A if there would be any towers in 2023. They responded that they’re working on detailed site plans before submitting first development application.
Who's B+A? Google turns up a few different firms. It's nice to hear they're still working on this, I was worried it was dead. Thanks for checking in with them!

From October 2022
1679850129647.jpeg

And it's nice to see a mall actually embrace rapid transit. It still irks me that Southgate never built a bridge from the station to the 2nd floor
Took the LRT to Southgate the other day for the first time and was shocked they didn't extend the bridge the 5 metres or whatever it is so you don't have to walk across the middle of the bus terminal!

The reason why Southgate didn't do it (and why WEM won't either) is because then they'd be responsible and liable for security issues in the connection, which, unfortunately, is a problem with the LRT (which, again, could very well be solved by having turnstiles, since I doubt people would go to these places walking).
I know from good authority that WEM, for example, considered adding a direct connection to the malls top floor, but decided not to do so due to this particular reason, I suspect Southgate is the same.
In this case of Bonnie Don mall, there is no internal connection, which makes it a different situation.
Took the LRT to Southgate the other day for the first time and was shocked they didn't extend the bridge the 5 metres or whatever it is so you don't have to walk across the middle of the bus terminal!

Plus the age old issue of pedway connections: who pays, who owns, who holds responsibility?

The reason why Southgate didn't do it (and why WEM won't either) is because then they'd be responsible and liable for security issues in the connection, which, unfortunately, is a problem with the LRT (which, again, could very well be solved by having turnstiles, since I doubt people would go to these places walking).
I know from good authority that WEM, for example, considered adding a direct connection to the malls top floor, but decided not to do so due to this particular reason, I suspect Southgate is the same.
In this case of Bonnie Don mall, there is no internal connection, which makes it a different situation.
Gee how do they manage to have direct connections elsewhere? Are they just not as hung up about things as here. A door that locks at a certain time can be fairly good security. Its not as if the few feet of gap is providing some sort of great security.

It is just an inconvenience to people who take the LRT especially on cold days. I felt it is just a snobby way for Southgate to try keep out who they consider to be not good enough for their mall (ie. transit users).

Nothing exciting. Interesting though that PCL is the applicant, no?

Reference Id:Job No 468893376-002
Description:To install (2) Freestanding On-Premises Signs (BONNIE DOON SHOPPING CENTRE), and to remove (2) existing Freestanding On-premises Signs.
Plan 2224KS Blk 3 Lots A,B,C
Applicant:PCL CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT INC
Create Date:2023/04/11
Neighbourhood:BONNIE DOON
Issue Date:2023/05/18
Class Of Permit:Class B
Notification Start Date:2023/05/25
Notification End Date:2023/06/15

Back