What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Nice little piece on the old Molson et al. building.

Reference ID:Job No 457298963-002
Description:To install (1) Fascia On-Premises Sign (FJALLRAVEN CANADA RETAIL INC)
Plan 1425753 Blk 21 Lot 2
Applicant:ORYX SIGN & PRINT INC
Create Date:12/8/2022 11:07:27 PM
Neighbourhood:OLIVER

Is this for MEC or separate store?! Love me some Fjallraven.

From November

Reference ID:Job No 453096631-002
Description:To change the use from Personal Service Shop to Specialty Food Service with 15.2 m2 Public Space and 4 seats and to construct interior alterations
Applicant:BOOSTER JUICE INC.
Create Date:11/3/2022 2:21:37 PM
Issue Date:11/24/2022 12:00:00 AM
Class of Permit:Class A

Reference ID:Job No 457298963-002
Description:To install (1) Fascia On-Premises Sign (FJALLRAVEN CANADA RETAIL INC)
Applicant:ORYX SIGN & PRINT INC
Create Date:12/8/2022 11:07:27 PM

Is this for MEC or separate store?! Love me some Fjallraven.
Looks like they're opening up their own retail shop east of Shoppers

That's awesome! Be great to see this maybe help attract more athleisure brands to Brewery District. Maybe if Lulu ever decides to leave Kingsway...

All the more reason to get ECC going with a reno/redo to not miss out on restoring some actual Downtown, walkable retail.

I hate the fact that I had to drive (future LRT) to shop.

All the more reason to get ECC going with a reno/redo to not miss out on restoring some actual Downtown, walkable retail.

I hate the fact that I had to drive (future LRT) to shop.
Fjallraven was unlikely to go to ECC. They're not in any mall or Downtown in Vancouver, rather in Kits with all the other outdoor brands.

It says a lot when brands choose suburban malls and power centres over main streets and urban cores.

Or they know where the rich people shop (you have to have money to shop at Fjallraven and Arcteryx).

Or they know where the rich people shop (you have to have money to shop at Fjallraven and Arcteryx).
I think that's what Ian meant. A lot of the wealth in this city is dispersed in the suburbs and won't go anywhere without ample parking.

I think that's what Ian meant. A lot of the wealth in this city is dispersed in the suburbs and won't go anywhere without ample parking.
Is it really an issue of parking, or failure to fix disorder? There's plenty of parking in downtown Edmonton, there's plenty of ritzy shops in other city's downtowns...

Back