What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Has any thought ever been given to some sort of exterior signage, either on the building or nearby infront to indicate the retail, commercial tenants? It might help.

Reference ID:Job No 444069905-002
Description:Exterior Alterations to the Site
Plan 8021480 Blk 1 Lot A
Applicant:STANTEC, RASTISLAV
Create Date:8/15/2022 10:55:26 AM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Reference ID:Job No 444878007-002
Description:To construct exterior alterations to the Site (adding a monument structure). (Edmonton Tower)
Plan 8021480 Blk 1 Lot A
Applicant:STANTEC, RASTISLAV
Create Date:8/22/2022 10:54:08 AM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Reactions: God
79F55FD1-E8C6-46F5-B030-1783BB7AAC6C.jpeg

Good to see, but I really worry about this location given how quiet it is outside of game nights. Pre-COVID they were working hard to develop a lunch crowd and apres-work hour, but given the major tenant in the building that is an uphill battle.

Curious to see if this space is there in a couple more years.

This depends on how the city and developers strategize to gain population downtown. Incentives are great for developers which I have witnessed since 1993 to stimulate the warehouse district but incentives for developers was the only aspect of direct application. It would be nice if we approach other means as well that clearly targets the population and entice them to move downtown. I hate to tell you this, this paradigm will be a failure if there are no children and no teens living downtown. I have read articles in the journal where young families were pushed out because their baby made too much noise from crying during the oilsands boom...
If this is the central gathering place for the city, kids have to be involved not just suits, ties and the adults. What establishments will cater to them? What areas of this juncture has been established for folks that are not drinkers, and is there a zone for such clienteles?

Good to see, but I really worry about this location given how quiet it is outside of game nights. Pre-COVID they were working hard to develop a lunch crowd and apres-work hour, but given the major tenant in the building that is an uphill battle.

Curious to see if this space is there in a couple more years.

But isn't this located just off of 101 street where there's a major artery required to transport all the people coming downtown? 😁

101 street has single family homes and now duplexes, row housing and apartments north of 111 Ave with a lot more density to come north of 104 Ave- and making this street more like 124 street would go a long way to making the area more attractive and vibrant for future residents - these are the people who are going to help sustain businesses on non-event nights, not people coming downtown to work.

As you noted, and confirmed by that business guest from Winnipeg, our downtown is very quiet. Let's reimagine 101 street as a vibrant street supporting thousands of new residents - not an artery to transport all these workers (not) coming downtown every morning. 🙏

But isn't this located just off of 101 street where there's a major artery required to transport all the people coming downtown? 😁

101 street has single family homes and now duplexes, row housing and apartments north of 111 Ave with a lot more density to come north of 104 Ave- and making this street more like 124 street would go a long way to making the area more attractive and vibrant for future residents - these are the people who are going to help sustain businesses on non-event nights, not people coming downtown to work.

As you noted, and confirmed by that business guest from Winnipeg, our downtown is very quiet. Let's reimagine 101 street as a vibrant street supporting thousands of new residents - not an artery to transport all these workers (not) coming downtown every morning. 🙏
Not much slips by you.

Last edited:

Back