What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
20240131_153443.jpg

Most 6-storey wood frame buildings are a single level parkade. Not sure I can wrap my head around the math going down two levels with only 95 units. It obviously hurdles for them to be moving forward.

Most 6-storey wood frame buildings are a single level parkade. Not sure I can wrap my head around the math going down two levels with only 95 units. It obviously hurdles for them to be moving forward.
One level of public parking maybe?

This is actually a fairly good size building and the era of building on half the lot and having the other half for a large surface parking thankfully seems to be over at least in this area.

Underground parking is very desirable for many people, even those living closer to the core often have a vehicle or two and street parking can be hard find in areas like this.

my building has about the same sized foot print with 48 units and 1 level of ug parking. makes sense that a 95 unit building would require 2 levels of parking; especially if these are condos and not rentals. Also, our "parkade" also houses the boiler/mechanical room, car wash bay, elevator, elevator lobby, elevator mechanical room, electrical room, garbage room, storage, and building maintenance workshop/storage... so, yeah, space gets eaten up in a hurry.

Last edited:
All the protective hoarding covering the sidewalk along 100 Ave has been removed.

Is that not still required at this stage of construction?

All the protective hoarding covering the sidewalk along 100 Ave has been removed.

Is that not still required at this stage of construction?
Im also curious about this because the sidewalk covering at the leston site on 116th was also removed, that ones at a similar stage, work hasn’t stopped either

Back