What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I wonder if they are just closed because yesterday was a holiday and it was not expected to be very busy today. At least Manulife has gotten rid of some of the other laughable signage about something exciting coming soon.

I thought this was supposed to be temporary, I'm not sure why there is such a delay in giving this business a real store front location. Its not like there isn't a ton of empty space available.

Really this is the only thing positive thing in Manulife giving more life to this level. If the landlord is the problem, they should treat this tenant good and quit dithering.
it wouldn't surprise me if the deal with cwb will eventually have a large and hopefully positive impact on the building's retail. in addition to their wanting a main floor retail/commercial banking presence, i can see manulife trying to claw back the rbc branch and rbc being amenable (they don't need three retail branches within 2 1/2 blocks of each other) ace may well be part of those discussions - or at least aware of them - but it's worth remembering that manulife has more than 861,000 sf of overall rentable area and a small tenant like ace will never be able to drive much if any of the building's overall direction. while that might sound callous at first reading, it also needs to be remembered that it's the other 860,000 some sf that is what's attractive to a small tenant like ace.

Sadly, you're probably not wrong, while the landlord is focusing on trying to catch the big fish, small tenants get overlooked.

On the surface, it might seem like the right approach, but it really is not. A less vacant building is more enticing in general and every incremental step to improve it helps and with cash flow as well.

I also think it is fairly unlikely RBC or CWB would be taking that particular space, but perhaps it too much to expect the management there to be able deal with more than one thing at a time.

Apparently any new tenant in the podium will be contingent on the podium renovations which should start soon. The podium renos have to be done by the time CWB moves in. And the coffee shop was waiting on equipment from Italy, but there was some workers in the space last week.

Apparently any new tenant in the podium will be contingent on the podium renovations which should start soon. The podium renos have to be done by the time CWB moves in. And the coffee shop was waiting on equipment from Italy, but there was some workers in the space last week.
So after a few years of not much happening, we should finally expect to see quite a bit of activity soon?

It is now 2024

View attachment 530970

I would have asked someone at the popup kiosk when their permanent location will finally open but they appear to be closed.

View attachment 530971
They finally updated their signage for ya

IMG_5692.jpeg

The new signage looks nice and even has drawings. Maybe they felt they needed a bit more to support credibility given the signage for 2023 opening has not been accurate.

Back