What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I forgot about the sales, but, nevertheless, what is the differences between the two? That is generically as one can get. How is that snob coffee though? My French-press in the morning naturally oozes more snobs than both combined...

Tim Hortons ceased being a fully Canadian-owned company in 2014 when it was purchased by Restaurant Brands International.

I’d prefer a Starbucks over Tim Hortons any day (a couple reasons being they have actual espresso and treat their staff way better).
Maybe all those Starbucks employees that lost their jobs when they closed a bunch of locations in the pandemic, to try keep up corporate profits might disagree.

At least Tim's seems to keep on going and keep their staff employed, although I do find their sometimes long, slow Soviet style lines a bit much at times.

Maybe all those Starbucks employees that lost their jobs when they closed a bunch of locations in the pandemic, to try keep up corporate profits might disagree.

At least Tim's seems to keep on going and keep their staff employed, although I do find their sometimes long, slow Soviet style lines a bit much at times.
The Starbucks employees weren't fired outright - they had the option of relocating to other stores or taking severance if they were management. Regardless, even if Tim's employees staff no matter what, their benefits and hours still pale in comparison to what Starbucks offers.

They're both still chains and not local though, so bring on the ACE!

Tim Hortons ceased being a fully Canadian-owned company in 2014 when it was purchased by Restaurant Brands International.

I’d prefer a Starbucks over Tim Hortons any day (a couple reasons being they have actual espresso and treat their staff way better).
Funny enough, Tim Horton's is mostly owned by a Brazilian company, and yet it's coffee sucks... Go figure.

Funny enough, Tim Horton's is mostly owned by a Brazilian company, and yet it's coffee sucks... Go figure.
I hate Tim Hortons coffee but the donuts are good. I prefer a local coffee shop that gets its fresh roasted beans also locally.

While also on the topic of donuts, I'd like to give a mention to Destination Donuts on 124 St - also very good.
Got a chance to talk to the owner one time - he came out of retirement because this was a passion of his and he thought it would be fun to open up a store and have his grandkids work there with him. He didn't expect to be as busy as he got, haha, and is working a lot longer hours than anticipated.

I'm OK with either a double-chocolate donut from Tim Hortons or a chocolate ice donut from Take 5. I stop by Take 5 about a month, and I'll go to Tim Hortons if I'm on a road trip since there is one in almost every town with over 3000 people.

Last edited:
Reactions: God
Donuts and coffee aside, any further decisions on the Manulife redo?

Back