What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Spring happenings at Ociciwan.
I haven't visited this place yet and will do so soon, maybe this Saturday to volunteer.
It seems like they are a great addition to the community.

1652371155148.png

Garden design by Tiffany Shaw

Inspired by the work of the late Mi’kmaq artist Mike MacDonald’s, Butterfly and Medicine Gardens, kamâmak nihtâwikihcikan is composed of plants indigenous to the Americas. These Indigenous plants attract and sustain pollinators, such as bees and butterflies, and can often be seen as traditional medicines used by Indigenous people.
------------
Garden is open all Summer (June 4 to October 31, 2022)
Garden Hours:
Open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
Cost:
Free

A few pics from the Garden clean-up party at the community garden, kamâmak nihtâwikihcikan.
Before,
DSCN9846~3.JPGDSCN9823~2.JPG
and after
DSCN9854~2.JPGDSCN9853~3.JPGDSCN9850~2.JPGDSCN9843~2.JPG

It was good fun and a lot of helping hands managed to do general cleanup, some weeding, and then add another layer of straw garden rolls to the raised beds, which I thought was a pretty nifty design.

You'll find the garden on the lot just north of Ociciwan Contemporary Art Collective. It's a beautiful healing oasis for the community that is now beginning its 2nd season. The comments from the community thus far, from local businesses and residents to visitors and those passing by have been so positive and heartfelt.
DSCN9855~2.JPGDSCN9821~2.JPGDSCN9858~2.JPG

and a quick peek inside the art collective
DSCN9833~2.JPGDSCN9836~4.JPGDSCN9842~2.JPG

Planting seeds.

A little more work to complete on Saturday, May 28th if anyone wants to help out planting the medicinal herbs and flowers with be happening.

You can learn more about our garden project here.

Back