What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Really? Is the signage still there?

I was told the switch to EllisDon was because they were going to build the tower five floors taller for cheaper than what Clark was contracted for. Be pretty shocking (and a huge waste of time and money) if they changed GCs again.
I heard that too and then apparently Ellisdon put in for a pretty substantial extra right after they got on site.

Something seems shady

I heard that too and then apparently Ellisdon put in for a pretty substantial extra right after they got on site.

Something seems shady
I agree 100%. I'll be honest the whole GC change was super strange, esp because apparently one of Open Sky's PMs used to work at Clark Builders for years prior so there has to be more to the story I'd think, but we'll probably never know.

I just hope they build the damn tower and this doesn't get too lawyer happy.

Uh oh

I can imagine what happened here. When the design revision took the project from 17 to 22 stories and the GC was tasked with determining the extra cost, the "EXTRA" price came back higher than anticipated and the owner felt like he was getting ripped off. When angry words were exchanged over and over again the owner and GC reached a point of no return -- a few "F-Us" led to a no-win situation and the GC was fired.

I can imagine what happened here. When the design revision took the project from 17 to 22 stories and the GC was tasked with determining the extra cost, the "EXTRA" price came back higher than anticipated and the owner felt like he was getting ripped off. When angry words were exchanged over and over again the owner and GC reached a point of no return -- a few "F-Us" led to a no-win situation and the GC was fired.
Contractually I don't think it was that simple.

Reactions: God
^^^^ Root cause -- maybe?
Root cause is almost always money.
It's not easy for an owner to fire a Gc over a change when their is a disagreement in money. Same as it's not always easy for a Gc to fire a subtrade if there is a disagreement with money due to a change

I'm sure there is more to the story

Back