What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A nice sight to see:

8tAnv3a.jpg

Sounds like the bike lane and parking on 121st adjacent to the site will be closed for basically the entire duration of the project. Kind of a bummer.

Also a random interesting fact: The same superintendent on the Glenora Park job is moving to this one, and he had moved immediately from the MacLaren before that. Talk about leaving a mark!

Logistics are tricky and so long as they can make it as small an impact as possible and provide alternative routes it is what it is.

Agreed! Just stinks for cutting mobility up to the Brewery District, but obviously there are plenty of alternative routes for walkers/cyclists/scooterers/etc

A few more details about this project.

Oliver is the largest neighbourhood in Alberta,” Robert Horvath of Vancouver-based Open Sky Developments says, adding it is home to 20,000 residents. “Three-quarters of those people live in rental buildings that are six storeys or higher.”

What’s more, the rental choices in the area are typically decades old.

“In Oliver, 75 per cent of the rental units are more than 40 years old,” he says, adding they often lack many of the amenities young professionals seeks, such as electric vehicle charging stations, dog washes, bike repairs and racks and rooftop lounges.
All of which the Jameson will have. Other proposed amenities include free wifi for tenants throughout the building, an entertainment room, a furnished gym, a rooftop communal kitchen and an indoor play area for children, Horvath says.

Oliver is the largest neighbourhood in Alberta,” Robert Horvath of Vancouver-based Open Sky Developments says, adding it is home to 20,000 residents. “Three-quarters of those people live in rental buildings that are six storeys or higher.”

“In Oliver, 75 per cent of the rental units are more than 40 years old,” he says, adding they often lack many of the amenities young professionals seeks, such as electric vehicle charging stations, dog washes, bike repairs and racks and rooftop lounges.
All of which the Jameson will have. Other proposed amenities include free wifi for tenants throughout the building, an entertainment room, a furnished gym, a rooftop communal kitchen and an indoor play area for children, Horvath says.
I don't know about being the largest, but I'm sure that it was the most densely populated as of the 2016 census. I'll bet that it kept its crown. We're moving later this month and we'll be staying in Oliver, and this is one of the main reasons. I'm happy that we're adding even more density, retail bays and, above all, QUALITY in the area.

Sounds like the bike lane and parking on 121st adjacent to the site will be closed for basically the entire duration of the project. Kind of a bummer.

Also a random interesting fact: The same superintendent on the Glenora Park job is moving to this one, and he had moved immediately from the MacLaren before that. Talk about leaving a mark!
What's his name though? Or shall we call him man of mystery. :p

I see the Vancouver developer in the article thinks Grandin is its own community. "Communities in and around downtown, like Oliver and Grandin, have seen a few notable concrete projects, Brown adds, pointing to e11ven, Capital Apartments and CX.". You would think he would have done some pretty basic research - but he must be in a hurry.

I see the Vancouver developer in the article thinks Grandin is its own community. "Communities in and around downtown, like Oliver and Grandin, have seen a few notable concrete projects, Brown adds, pointing to e11ven, Capital Apartments and CX.". You would think he would have done some pretty basic research - but he must be in a hurry.
This is from Kendal Brown @ Urban Analytics, not the developer.

Seems like semantics though, I think Grandin is a distinct enough area to consider it in this context.

This is from Kendal Brown @ Urban Analytics, not the developer.

Seems like semantics though, I think Grandin is a distinct enough area to consider it in this context.
There is no Grandin community and never be - despite what you think. All signage of the word "Grandin" has been removed from public signage accept maybe for the Catholic buildings - which are private and another issue. The Oliver community which is the only community in that area have shown leadership by requesting the City remove such signage.

There is no Grandin community and never be - despite what you think. All signage of the word "Grandin" has been removed from public signage accept maybe for the Catholic buildings - which are private and another issue. The Oliver Community League which is the only official community in that area have shown leadership by requesting the City remove such signage.

Back