Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I think I thought I saw a sign outside the Blind Pig Pub in St. Albert that indicated the site might be up for a major redevelopment? I didn't get a good look, and couldn't find anything online, so if anyone catches a photo of the sign or knows/finds more information, please post. It looks like the new St. Albert Downtown Plan allows up to 14 stories / 46 metres on the site.

I'm trying to beef up the project Database with more regional stuff, so always open to tips and info on major and/or interesting projects from St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Leduc, etc.

Last edited:
Ah, here's the sign, didn't initially see it on Google Street View; I guess it went up sometime after July 2018 then:

1582584281398.png

Here's the context of the site, since I shouldn't assume everyone knows where the Blind Pig Pub is located:

Here's a story from 2014 about the site:

I think I thought I saw a sign outside the Blind Pig Pub in St. Albert that indicated the site might be up for a major redevelopment? I didn't get a good look, and couldn't find anything online, so if anyone catches a photo of the sign or knows/finds more information, please post. It looks like the new St. Albert Downtown Plan allows up to 14 stories / 46 metres on the site.

I'm trying to beef up the project Database with more regional stuff, so always open to tips and info on major and/or interesting projects from St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Leduc, etc.
That sign has been up for a few years now. It had my heart racing then I remembered it's the blind pig and will be there long after I die

An announcement that slipped under the radar. The Blind Pig on St Albert trail and St Anne in St AL is coming down ( Finally). In its place will be an 8 story Net Zero development. Rental condos. (Right on the busies intersection in town). Have not seen renderings but the developer says this will be done in the next 16-18 months.

Very cool project in St. Albert!

"Niche Developments is proud to launch our next project. St. [A]. This project will be Canada's first 0 Emission multifamily building ever built. Utilizing our proprietary technology, we will complete this project in 18 months. We will be applying for CMHC affordable housing certificate, to fill a need of affordable housing in St. Albert a reality."
niche.JPG

From LinkedIn

Back