What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There should be a convenience store named 7ways that's in the same building as Panini's restaurant.
But it is kinda hard, and expen$ive to do your groceries at a convenience store, hahaha.

I don't think there's enough density there to justify another grocery store as of now, with Save On Foods right there and a Freshco right up 82 st and 118 ave, considering this is still a very low density area, but if the Stadium area keeps adding up residents and other businesses, there might as well be demand for something like the small Safeway we have in Oliver.

I'm surprised real estate developers don't partner with grocery stores more often. Personally, I'd pay a $100-$200 premium to live beside a grocery store (maybe even more if it was a cheap one with a big selection). Way less food waste and you can always make whatever you'd like. That Superstore in downtown Calgary would be perfect if it wasn't right beside the drop-in centre.
1679717247297.png

But it is kinda hard, and expen$ive to do your groceries at a convenience store, hahaha.

I don't think there's enough density there to justify another grocery store as of now, with Save On Foods right there and a Freshco right up 82 st and 118 ave, considering this is still a very low density area, but if the Stadium area keeps adding up residents and other businesses, there might as well be demand for something like the small Safeway we have in Oliver.
Don't forget the Italian Centre on 95 Street (better than either Save On or Freshco). The crappy thing about the road layout is that it's not far 'as the crow flies' from Stadium Yards, but with only a couple of rail crossings over the LRT tracks (and Commonwealth Stadium and Rec Centre and Lafarge in the way), the distance to walk is much further.

I believe this is Rohit’s six storey with courtyard site, no?

Unless they're doing a massive all-in-one underground parkade for towers and low-rise, that looks like the cookie cutter for what they just did next door. No it is not finished.
I was just surprised to see pilings around 3weeks ago as I was not expecting this phase to start so quickly.

I spent like an hour or two here while chilling at Felice Cafe and I’ve got to say, it’s actually a really nice area. I’m really curious to see what happens when they add more residential units (and consequently retail units as well). Add some restaurants or boutique stores 🤌🏻 and I really think it’s got some momentum to get there.

Super curious what other projects happen here besides that two tower high rise project by Evertrust(?). I think there should be much more interest here in the future, but that’s my zero years of real estate experience talking.

I'm fine with phase 2 being purely residential, but I do hope that phase 3 gets a few CRUs since it's right next to the station.
This, and also having some 3 bedroom units, too. We need more family-oriented units in out TODs to help anchor people there for longer. Especially now, with remote working being so ubiquitous, 2-bedroom units might not be good anymore, even for families with only 1 child, let alone the standard 2-adult-2-children families.

Back